Since I'm stuck with 87 for now, and there's very little performance anyway, may as well get as much economy as possible to avoid having to wait on line during the odd days (Even/Odd gas rationing, my last digit is a 5).
Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
With all the gas problems we're having in NYC, would it be possible to get the truck to stay in 4 cylinder mode longer? It will go in when coasting, but touch the pedal and it goes back to V8 mode. I believe its set at something like 35% throttle, or something like that, except when you wear size 15's, as soon as you touch the pedal, you're way beyond that.
Can that be added in as an adjustment to the tunes?
Since I'm stuck with 87 for now, and there's very little performance anyway, may as well get as much economy as possible to avoid having to wait on line during the odd days (Even/Odd gas rationing, my last digit is a 5).
Since I'm stuck with 87 for now, and there's very little performance anyway, may as well get as much economy as possible to avoid having to wait on line during the odd days (Even/Odd gas rationing, my last digit is a 5).
- Attachments
-
- PCM_647991640863.grg
- Original backup
- (67.25 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
-
- PCM_647991640863_87_Octane_Tune.grg
- Last Tune Written
- (5.25 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
the MPG booster tune does exactly what you are asking....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
Do I have that? I didn't notice it. I'll go check right now. 
Re: Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
Yep, I have it. Not gonna use it though. Truck feels like it has about 250hp with that tune instead of 400+. I'll stick with the 87 for now and go back to the 93 when I can get good gas and/or a few cans of Torco.
Re: Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
Just did a log on the Eco tune. Little weird. During WOT running she's fine, but during normal driving theres burst KR whenever the throttle opens or closes. Only a few degrees most of the time, maxxed out at 5.6. I'm thinking it may be false, maybe the tranny downshifting, or whatever, maybe the throttle blade clicking against the inside of the bore. Dunno. 
I can log the IPWs to see when its running on 4 or 8 cylinders right? Which ones turn off? I can just log one of those instead of all of them.
Would still like it to kick into V4 mode sooner and stay in longer. I like seeing the Instant Economy in the 40's instead of single digits
I can log the IPWs to see when its running on 4 or 8 cylinders right? Which ones turn off? I can just log one of those instead of all of them.
Would still like it to kick into V4 mode sooner and stay in longer. I like seeing the Instant Economy in the 40's instead of single digits
- Attachments
-
- ECO11_10.LOG
- (413.92 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Re: Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
what year/model/engine truck man? any mods done to it?
can get a custom tune done for it to have the 91/93 octane power/performance, and also have the DOD tweaks done to it so it stays in 4 cyl mode more
can get a custom tune done for it to have the 91/93 octane power/performance, and also have the DOD tweaks done to it so it stays in 4 cyl mode more
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Re: Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
2012 Yukon Denali. 6.2L VVT AFM L94. Only mod right now is a ported TB and gutted airbox. I had a K&N intake on it, but that just caused a bunch of problems.
At this point, I can't get 93 octane, so I'm not real worried about performance. I can only get 87, and since I have to wait hours to get that (and only on odd numbered days), I'd rather just work on getting maximum economy and minimum fill ups. When I can get real gas again, then I'll worry about performance.
At this point, I can't get 93 octane, so I'm not real worried about performance. I can only get 87, and since I have to wait hours to get that (and only on odd numbered days), I'd rather just work on getting maximum economy and minimum fill ups. When I can get real gas again, then I'll worry about performance.
Re: Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
Have you tried the Tow Haul mode with the DoD engaged? Our Suburban always seemed like it had a lack of torque in V4, but the TH mode made instant fuel economy numbers go up. Not sure what type of driving you do, but the TQ is what you really need for in town stop and go traffic.
Re: Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
No, I haven't actually. I didn't know I could use that mode without a load. I'll give it a shot. My driving is 95% city, stop and go, so torque would be good. I actually took it out on the highway yesterday and couldn't get it to go into V4.
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
tow haul just raises part throttle shift points and locks out OD...cant see how that could improve MPGs?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
Mike, Can you jack up the MDS pedal position by about 10-15%? The way its set now, the truck won't even maintain its speed if you're light enough on the pedal to be in V4 mode. Its basically useless unless you're going downhill.
I still think this should be a user adjustable setting if its possible. Hell, some cheap people may want to be in V4 mode all the time.
Thanks.
I still think this should be a user adjustable setting if its possible. Hell, some cheap people may want to be in V4 mode all the time.
Thanks.
- Attachments
-
- PCM_647991640863_MPG_Booster_Tune.grg
- Last Tune Written
- (5.25 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
stock tune will disable DOD any point above 5.99% throttle input.
This MPG booster tune is raised to 19.99% already
I'll jack it up a bit here, let me know if it helps.
This MPG booster tune is raised to 19.99% already
I'll jack it up a bit here, let me know if it helps.
- Attachments
-
- pcm_647991640863_mpg_booster_new.grg
- (56.29 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
I'll give that a shot this weekend. I can't believe that nearly 20% throttle can't maintain 65mph. Maybe GM should think about the tire pressures being higher then 32psi in 5600lb trucks for less rolling resistance.
Re: Possible to raise the DoD threshold?
Problem has to be my driving style. It still won't stay in 4 cylinder mode with my foot on the throttle. Plus she's getting little blips of KR at random times. Its gotta be me.
Worst part is, I drive her like the V, so I won't go WOT off the line, I roll out. Got me a 19 second 0-60! Just too much weight to roll out on and then floor it. Gonna have to get used to brake torquing again.
Worst part is, I drive her like the V, so I won't go WOT off the line, I roll out. Got me a 19 second 0-60! Just too much weight to roll out on and then floor it. Gonna have to get used to brake torquing again.