PO171 and PO174 After Diablo Tune

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
Post Reply
dezajic
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:59 am
Location: Lovettsville, VA

PO171 and PO174 After Diablo Tune

Post by dezajic »

I received a PO171 and PO174 codes on my 2012 Camaro SS after applying the "Diablo Tune" with mild shift from my InTune i1000.

I was able to clear the codes, but I am afraid they will return. What customizations to the tune can I make for the necessary corrections for these codes?

Stock L99 6.2L V8 with the following add-ons:

K&N Cold Air Intake
Airaid Throttle body spacer
Borla S-Type CAT back exhaust
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

Re: PO171 and PO174 After Diablo Tune

Post by Mike_Levy »

Theres an air leak someplace. First thing you need to do is throw away the spacer. Its absolutely worthless. The manifold is plastic, it doesn't conduct heat, so whats the point of using a spacer to stop the the TB from heating up, when the mani isn't hot to begin with? And enlarging the plenum on a fuel injected motor does nothing. Get rid of it and you get rid of 2 possible locations for the leak. Then check all the intake connections and make sure they're totally sealed. Finally, do the same with the exhaust. Once everything is sealed, reset the codes.
dezajic
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:59 am
Location: Lovettsville, VA

Re: PO171 and PO174 After Diablo Tune

Post by dezajic »

Mike_Levy,

I will do just that and get all buttoned up tightly. We are taking a trip tomorrow so it should be a good test to determine if I found the problem.

Thanks for you reply.
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

Re: PO171 and PO174 After Diablo Tune

Post by Mike_Levy »

No problem. Thats what thy told me when my truck was throwing the same codes, so I just relayed it.
Post Reply

Return to “General inTune forum”