Big Problem with 2006 Dodge

PowerPuck/Extreme PowerPuck Support

Moderator: mikel

JoshW3235p

Big Problem with 2006 Dodge

Post by JoshW3235p »

Hey guys,
Used the customer support submission form about 2 weeks ago, and haven't heard back. Figure I'll try here.

I bought an extreme PP as an upgrade to my original. Also upgraded from Predator to Trinity. Long story short..all told. I've used diablosport products for about 60k miles and 5 years with only one engine code ever and I know what caused it. Recently I swapped the original power puck for the extreme. I can honestly say that I've never really noticed an obvious difference with the original power puck nor did I notice one with the extreme. About 3 days after installing the extreme, I went out and started my truck on a cold morning before I left. (Block Heater was plugged in) It immediately posted a P0193 engine code. But beyond the code, it sounded terrible. Sounded like the injectors had zero fuel in them. Shut down, restarted...same problem. Had to drive it was late for work. Noticed that it had absolutely no power. Tried to merge onto the interstate and it fell flat on its face and I almost got run over. Later I reset the code, restarted and it sounded fine. Next morning....same issues. So I reset the code, removed the power puck and it runs fine. Has ever since...probably traveled 400 miles since then. No codes, no problems. Is there any way that the power puck could be hooked in improperly? I don't see any other wire connectors where it could possibly go. Not so much concerned about the code, they can be reset, but I am concerned about the apparent lack of fuel that only seems to show up when the puck is installed. Is there anyway to get my puck tested to make sure it actually functions? I would be willing to be a nominal fee for said service. I purchased it used, and I openly admit that. I don't hold any problems with diablosport I just want to know if its messed up or not.

All I ask for is an answer, if you have no idea..that's acceptable. But its still a response.

Josh
AEM WorkHorse Induction, DiabloSpot PowerPuck/Predator Stack, BD Deep Tranny Pan, Turbo Back SilverLine 409 4inch Dual Exhaust, No Cat. Pro Comp 305/70/R17 on Pro Comp 6100 Wheels.
mikel

Re: Big Problem with 2006 Dodge

Post by mikel »

we can test it if need be, its under warranty for a year.

One thing we see to be somewhat common on these vehicles is corrosion developing on the terminals of the harness, check that first, and maybe try a little diaelectric grease.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
JoshW3235p

Post by JoshW3235p »

Thanks alot Mike. I will do that here in a few. I've also contacted a buddy in regards to testing the supply side of my fuel pump..just to rule out what I can. I also tried a container of diesel 911 anti-gelling agent. It was 9 degrees when this happened. (Could partially gelled fuel cause this?) I doubt it was gelled completely cause after I detached the epp it ran fine. But I'm trying all avenues. Will let you know what I find in a few hours. Thanks again.

Josh
AEM WorkHorse Induction, DiabloSpot PowerPuck/Predator Stack, BD Deep Tranny Pan, Turbo Back SilverLine 409 4inch Dual Exhaust, No Cat. Pro Comp 305/70/R17 on Pro Comp 6100 Wheels.
JoshW3235p

Post by JoshW3235p »

Cleaned the contacts and reinstalled. Verified with instructions correct installation. Same problem. Instantly sounds terrible and won't hardly run. I don't know what else to do.
mikel

Post by mikel »

fill out the return authorization form onour site and send it in.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com