Difference between canned tunes

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
11sierracrewcab

Difference between canned tunes

Post by 11sierracrewcab »

I have a 2011 Sierra 5.3 and i just received my InTune. While programming I noticed 3 canned tunes Diablo,87 and fuel mileage. I run 87 octane gas because of price and was wondering the difference between the 87 and fuel mileage tunes.Is there a power gain with the fuel mileage tune and how much mpg difference is there between the two? The main reason I purchased the tuner is so that I could shut off AFM but if I can save gas and get a little extra power it would be a bonus. I know that no two vehicles will respond the same to the tunes but if I could get a ball park figure on what to expect I would appreciate it. Thank You
Mike_Levy

Re: Difference between canned tunes

Post by Mike_Levy »

The economy tune goes to 4 cylinder mode sooner. There is no power gain with it. 87 tune has a small gain and Diablo tune (93 octane) is the good one, and the one that almost always gets the best economy. These trucks are grossly underpowered (and I mean GROSSLY. 400hp in a 5600lb SUV? Even worse, 300hp in a 6000lb pickup truck? Come on GM!!), so the tunes that make the most power help economy because the motor doesn't have to work as hard or rev as high.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

the Diablo Tune on the trucks is made for 91 octane...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
bryian loper

Post by bryian loper »

I HAVE THE 2011 SIERRA I RUN THE DIABLO TUNE WHERE SHOULD I SET THE CAGS, DOD CALIBRATION, POWER ENRICHMENT, WOT FUEL AND SHIFT PRESSURE AND RPM??? WHAT ARE THESE SETTINGS??? OOH I GOT IT ON THE HARD SHIFT PLEASE HELP
bryian loper

Post by bryian loper »

ITS THE INTUNE