So I received the DCX and did the latest update and went to go install the 87 tune and when it asked me to cycle the key I thought I needed to push the button over and over but it would just turn off the vehicle and not come back on. I pulled the tuner out wondering if I had just bricked the rig and it started up. I then read in the vehicle manual about how to use the key fob like a key to cycle back and forth for accessory and off so I tried once again and was successful in installing the tune by cycling the key fob.
But now I am reading that cycling the key fob is a bad thing to do? I guess we are supposed to leave the ignition on and hit the green button? Why are there no instructions for this if we risk bricking the car or ruining a key fob? What is the official way to install a tune on a Durango with push button start? Or any Dodge with a push button for that matter. Thanks for your help!
2012 Durango R/T install? Key fob cycle or leave on?
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 2012 Durango R/T install? Key fob cycle or leave on?
its a bug, the way around it is to leave the key on, and use the key, not the button 
No bricking...
Thanks
No bricking...
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: 2012 Durango R/T install? Key fob cycle or leave on?
So use the key fob like a key and cycle back and forth? No key fob problems or bricking?
-
firefox7518
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:40 pm
Re: 2012 Durango R/T install? Key fob cycle or leave on?
As Mike said, just leave it in the one position and do not cycle it. Check the green and it goes on...