Trinity - Request to save when stop recording

Please give us suggestions on how to serve you better!

Moderator: mikel

Mikla

Trinity - Request to save when stop recording

Post by Mikla »

It would be helpful if you could add a popup when the user presses Stop when logging. The popup should ask if you want to save now. If yes, allow to save and stop logging. If no, do nothing.

I don't log often enough to remember to hit Edit in order to save the log... this is just not intuitive. I have lost several logs because of this and get pretty frustrated after spending time doing WOTs and other things that the local law enforcement may frown on... but need to do in order to get an updated log.

Just a thought on improving the UI and customer experience...

Thanks,
Mike
Mike_Levy

Re: Trinity - Request to save when stop recording

Post by Mike_Levy »

When you close the log it should ask if you want to save. Does yours not do that?
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
Mikla

Post by Mikla »

It does, but you have to remember to hit "Edit" after "Stop" in order to get to the "Close This Log" menu item. I keep hitting "Stop" recording and then pull the Trinity so no log is saved. If you think of typical UIs, "Edit" gets to copy, paste, options, etc... typically file type functions are under a "File" menu item... so it is not intuitive to hit "Edit" to close a file... IMHO.

If there was a request to the user to "Close This Log (yes/no)" after hitting "Stop" it would be a good reminder for those of us who don't log frequently.

Of course, I could be an anomaly in the target persona... my wife certainly calls me unique [then for some reason rolls her eyes]...
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

no need to hit edit ????

stop recording, then press the red X in the corner to exit and it asks you if you want to save the log...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Mikla

Post by Mikla »

Thanks!... I did not know that.
06MonteSS wrote:no need to hit edit ????

stop recording, then press the red X in the corner to exit and it asks you if you want to save the log...