switching cars??

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
cubaco54

switching cars??

Post by cubaco54 »

If I wanted to use my intune on another car of mine, are there any special things to do before I do so? Will the intune hold my stock tune for my dodge magnum and multiple vehicles or do I need to return it to stock before trying it in another car (which would completely defeat the purpose)? Is there a way to save/copy my stock tune onto my pc and then try the intune on another car?

I know you guys say it can be used on multiple vehicles which is why I ask.
mikel

Re: switching cars??

Post by mikel »

you'll need to return the first vehicle back to stock to tune another vehicle.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
cubaco54

Post by cubaco54 »

That sucks... For the money I would've hoped I can tune more than one of my own personal vehicles. There's always a way and I'm sure it can be done. If a custom tune can be added then it can be saved to PC and put back in. So we should be able to do the same with the stock tune. I'll look into it when I decide to do so.

Like I said, you guy say it can be used on multiple vehicles which in a way is true but why would I want to return a tuned vehicle back to stock just to tune another one of my cars. That is redundant. Also, to tune my Dodge magnum is a mission because I have to disconnect the battery just to get it to work. You guys never worked out that issue with the system and I hope that you will take the time to do so and send an update. God knows if I'll be able to reset my car to the stock tune. Didn't work the last time I tried. System got stuck every time I tried to.
mikel

Post by mikel »

surely you can understand how we would be out of business for years now if the tool could just keep tuning vehicles, no?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

"For the money"; Seriously? Show me some other mod for the same money that you can use on more then one car at a time. Hell, show me another mod for ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY that use can use on more then one car at a time. Diablo tuners are cheap. I can go and spend $3500 for a tune for the M, and its just for that one car. And I can't remove it and tune another car for the same money. You got a bargain, and its not good enough for you? :normal:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
Egoresb

Post by Egoresb »

I agree. Can't use the same mod on 2 cars at once.

BUT...
This is more of a tool than a mod. A very nice tool. Can't complain on the price but it would be "nice" if we could purchase a second license at a discount to put on a second vehicle if we own it... That could be a conflict to verify ownership of the vehicle but it could easily fixed by email a copy of the title or registration.

Then again diablo sports would loose alot OR make a lot based on this. Reason for that... Consumers may pay for the "tool" and purchase an additional license for second car while diablo didn't have to make another tool yet still make profit. Nobody has done that yet... Might literally steal business from the competition just for the fact of the ability to use one tool on multiple vehicles.

Just my 2 cents... Not complaining, just stating my opinion.I love my Intune :)
cubaco54

Post by cubaco54 »

Mike_Levy wrote:"For the money"; Seriously? Show me some other mod for the same money that you can use on more then one car at a time. Hell, show me another mod for ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY that use can use on more then one car at a time. Diablo tuners are cheap. I can go and spend $3500 for a tune for the M, and its just for that one car. And I can't remove it and tune another car for the same money. You got a bargain, and its not good enough for you? :normal:

1: I'm not complaining about the intune. Its amazing... I'm very content with it. Its a pain with my 05 Magnum because of the way Dodge set up the car but thats not Diablosports fault.

That being said, don't come at me like you have any idea why I said that. It was a statement and yes I said it.

I'm going off of what it said and as I stated, it is able to use on mulitiple cars and I hoped I could use it on more of my own.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

It can be used on multiple cars. But only one at a time.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
cubaco54

Post by cubaco54 »

I believe we've already established that...

In any event, thanks for the info mikel
sxgt

Post by sxgt »

I'd imagine in the future the InTune will come with an option for you to register the Computer of two - three cars. Most people own two cars anyway.

Diablo really would go out of business if anyone could use their tuner on anyone else.
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

You must be confusing it with HP Tuners and EFI Live. Those you have to buy licenses/credits to tune more than 1 vehicle which is at least $100 a pop. Same stuff a dyno tuner uses. Maybe Diablosport could look into offering the same licenses/credits to tune more than 1 vehicle at the same time rather than having to go back to stock on 1 to tune the other. They pretty much charge $179 to reset it, so a credit/license of $100-$150 would be fair.
...to be supported by Diablosport...