Blue smoke on start up on 100hp tune

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
Post Reply
05350SD
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:05 pm

Blue smoke on start up on 100hp tune

Post by 05350SD »

Hey guys. I've got a 2005 f350 6.0 diesel. I started the truck yesterday morning and it was burning blue till it warmed up. Is that the way the 100hp is suppose to act? I've tried the 65hp and it seems to lose top end power once cruising at 60mph it's almost impossible to get to 70mph. So I switched to the 100hp and now I've gone start up smoke but lots of power. Any thoughts?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Blue smoke on start up on 100hp tune

Post by mikel »

Ive seen lots of 6.0s do that, nothing to do with the tune....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
05350SD
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:05 pm

Re: Blue smoke on start up on 100hp tune

Post by 05350SD »

Alright. What about the loss of top end power when using the 65hp?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Blue smoke on start up on 100hp tune

Post by mikel »

dirty fuel filter?

do the other tunes fall off in similar fashion?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
BigDeez
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:08 am

Re: Blue smoke on start up on 100hp tune

Post by BigDeez »

I've never tried the 100hp tune on the 06 I'm running but the 65 is a beast and the TCM support is nice as well. Definitely wakes the truck up. I'm new to the ford side of diesels but I imagine a stock tranny won't like the 100hp bump. It would be awesome if I'm wrong though. I'm curious if it does it smokes swapping over to the 65hp tune. Might point to EGR or other issue but I'm just getting a feel for my rig so take with a grain of salt.
05350SD
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:05 pm

Re: Blue smoke on start up on 100hp tune

Post by 05350SD »

See that's the thing the 65 go doesn't do anything.... It's just makes a lot of noise but doesn't actually get up and go quicker.... I'm stumped for ideas here....
Post Reply

Return to “General inTune forum”