Trinity connection issue
Moderator: mikel
Trinity connection issue
Sorry for the post. Done a ton of research, tried so many different things and no luck.
Hey guys I'm having the same issue with my trinity. Only difference is I cannot connect at all. I keep getting "make sure key is to the ON position" after wiggling it around and putting light pressure up on the cord all I get is "please unplug tool and try again". I have an aftermarket deck with subs and an amp and I have tried pulling the fuses. I have no aftermarket electronics other than gauges but It was doing this before I put them in. I'm running a stage 1 ecu right now and wanted to go back to the 93 tune. Tried connecting to my buddies srt, same year and same results. I should also mentioned I purchased another cord because this happened once before. So I've tried connecting on 2 different cords on 2 different srt 's.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Justin
Hey guys I'm having the same issue with my trinity. Only difference is I cannot connect at all. I keep getting "make sure key is to the ON position" after wiggling it around and putting light pressure up on the cord all I get is "please unplug tool and try again". I have an aftermarket deck with subs and an amp and I have tried pulling the fuses. I have no aftermarket electronics other than gauges but It was doing this before I put them in. I'm running a stage 1 ecu right now and wanted to go back to the 93 tune. Tried connecting to my buddies srt, same year and same results. I should also mentioned I purchased another cord because this happened once before. So I've tried connecting on 2 different cords on 2 different srt 's.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Justin
- mikel
- Posts: 58774
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Trinity connection issue
options/show information, what is the version and part?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: Trinity connection issue
Sorry for the long delay in replying,
Ill post that ASAP,
Thanks,
Justin
Ill post that ASAP,
Thanks,
Justin
Re: Trinity connection issue
Serial: 6JTFN19-1
Part: U7134
Version: V.1R07A
Hardware: trinity
Bus: CAN SCIA
Born: 04/21/2010
Bus test: passed
Saved calid: 05029415AH
Saved VIN: 1B3ES66S74D538786
Thanks!
Part: U7134
Version: V.1R07A
Hardware: trinity
Bus: CAN SCIA
Born: 04/21/2010
Bus test: passed
Saved calid: 05029415AH
Saved VIN: 1B3ES66S74D538786
Thanks!
Re: Trinity connection issue
I also forgot to mention I tried to update my DST but it would not allow me to update without un-marrying my ecu. It said I needed a password supplied by DS to override. As of this moment I'm sure it may just be an issue with the OBDII cord / cord to DST. I'm willing to go out and buy a cord to see if this fixes
My issue. I just need to know if any OBDII cord that will fit
Into my trinity will work?
Thanks!
My issue. I just need to know if any OBDII cord that will fit
Into my trinity will work?
Thanks!
- mikel
- Posts: 58774
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Trinity connection issue
you have to restore before you can update, its not the cable....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: Trinity connection issue
Then how do I restore? I can't connect to my ecu...mikel wrote:you have to restore before you can update, its not the cable....
Re: Trinity connection issue
A reply would be awesome.
- mikel
- Posts: 58774
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Trinity connection issue
Best bet would be to give us a call iwth the tool powered up in the vehicle tomorrow.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: Trinity connection issue
Still having issues...
I get home from work at 4:00 pm MST everyday, and even when I've gotten home early to call tech support at 3:30 I get a voice message saying their closed and to call back tomorrow during business hours. Any other solution here? I realize its going to take longer on the forum but its the only way I can contact DS.
As stated before.. The problems I'm having are PROBABLY issues related to the software being super out of date. I tried to download new software but I need a Code from you guys at DS. Could you give me this code so I can update? I can't unmarry my ecu because I cannot get into the performance menu and just says "please make sure your key is to the ON position, do NOT start your engine". I hit okay 3 times and then the device reboots itself and Does the exact same thing. Also I'm not able to connect to my ecu at all for monitoring or anything, however the device does turn on and get power so it can't be the cord.
Any insight would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Justin
I get home from work at 4:00 pm MST everyday, and even when I've gotten home early to call tech support at 3:30 I get a voice message saying their closed and to call back tomorrow during business hours. Any other solution here? I realize its going to take longer on the forum but its the only way I can contact DS.
As stated before.. The problems I'm having are PROBABLY issues related to the software being super out of date. I tried to download new software but I need a Code from you guys at DS. Could you give me this code so I can update? I can't unmarry my ecu because I cannot get into the performance menu and just says "please make sure your key is to the ON position, do NOT start your engine". I hit okay 3 times and then the device reboots itself and Does the exact same thing. Also I'm not able to connect to my ecu at all for monitoring or anything, however the device does turn on and get power so it can't be the cord.
Any insight would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Justin
-
stylish313
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:29 pm
Re: Trinity connection issue
I'm having the exact same issue. Bought the DS Trinity once the announcement came out about the 3.6L update. There should probably be a thread opened explaining what to do under these circumstances, it'll help out us new Trinity owners exponentially.403srt4 wrote:Still having issues...
I get home from work at 4:00 pm MST everyday, and even when I've gotten home early to call tech support at 3:30 I get a voice message saying their closed and to call back tomorrow during business hours. Any other solution here? I realize its going to take longer on the forum but its the only way I can contact DS.
As stated before.. The problems I'm having are PROBABLY issues related to the software being super out of date. I tried to download new software but I need a Code from you guys at DS. Could you give me this code so I can update? I can't unmarry my ecu because I cannot get into the performance menu and just says "please make sure your key is to the ON position, do NOT start your engine". I hit okay 3 times and then the device reboots itself and Does the exact same thing. Also I'm not able to connect to my ecu at all for monitoring or anything, however the device does turn on and get power so it can't be the cord.
Any insight would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Justin
- mikel
- Posts: 58774
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Trinity connection issue
any chance of calling at lunch??403srt4 wrote:Still having issues...
I get home from work at 4:00 pm MST everyday, and even when I've gotten home early to call tech support at 3:30 I get a voice message saying their closed and to call back tomorrow during business hours. Any other solution here? I realize its going to take longer on the forum but its the only way I can contact DS.
As stated before.. The problems I'm having are PROBABLY issues related to the software being super out of date. I tried to download new software but I need a Code from you guys at DS. Could you give me this code so I can update? I can't unmarry my ecu because I cannot get into the performance menu and just says "please make sure your key is to the ON position, do NOT start your engine". I hit okay 3 times and then the device reboots itself and Does the exact same thing. Also I'm not able to connect to my ecu at all for monitoring or anything, however the device does turn on and get power so it can't be the cord.
Any insight would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Justin
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: Trinity connection issue
I'm an electrician and I only get 30 mins and I'm off site where I park, even if I did make it too my car that would give me 5 mins or so. Don't think that's enough.
Re: Trinity connection issue
hah. I accidentally clicked 'report' instead. Sorry about that.
Try a new cable. It IS a possiblity for it to still power up and not detect the key in the On position. My buddy's cable got tweaked when he (theory anyway) stepped on the trinity with the cable still plugged into the back of it, when it was sitting on his floor. It would still power up but not detect the key in the on positition so it wouldn't work. We tried my cable and it was fine.
YMMV
Brian
'13 SRT Charger
Try a new cable. It IS a possiblity for it to still power up and not detect the key in the On position. My buddy's cable got tweaked when he (theory anyway) stepped on the trinity with the cable still plugged into the back of it, when it was sitting on his floor. It would still power up but not detect the key in the on positition so it wouldn't work. We tried my cable and it was fine.
YMMV
Brian
'13 SRT Charger