rear o2 sensors
-
jasinedward
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 pm
rear o2 sensors
Will the option ever be present to turn off the rear o2 sensors? Some guys are claiming this is available with the SCT, but I thought it wasn't a feature that was allowed anymore?
Forgot to add.... 2014 Mustang GT
I have custom tunes for life from Bama, but their tunes aren't as good as my canned tunes.....
Forgot to add.... 2014 Mustang GT
I have custom tunes for life from Bama, but their tunes aren't as good as my canned tunes.....
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: rear o2 sensors
No, that requires a custom tune 
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: rear o2 sensors
jasinedward wrote:Will the option ever be present to turn off the rear o2 sensors? Some guys are claiming this is available with the SCT, but I thought it wasn't a feature that was allowed anymore?
Forgot to add.... 2014 Mustang GT
I have custom tunes for life from Bama, but their tunes aren't as good as my canned tunes.....
Just to be clear it is available in our software just not in the production tunes....
Insert Clever comment here...

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.
-
jasinedward
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 pm
Re: rear o2 sensors
well that stinks....
I was thinking of getting cat deletes because they look like a good mod for the price, but with your canned tune I'm running almost 1/2 second faster than my bama tune. If I was to have them write a custom tune, it would negate the extra hp.... I don't want to go with another custom tuner, cause I just bought the tunes from Bama, which they were nice enough to transfer from my v6 to my 5.0. The only problem is that they are no good on my 5.0 
Re: rear o2 sensors
Cat deletes are a retarded mod. You destroy the streetability of the car. You destroy the environment. You make no power over high flow cats, which are legal and don't screw up the Earth. Whats the point? They're one of the ricer mods. The cheap shit mods that do nothing, but make noise and annoy people.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: rear o2 sensors
I bet you could send them the LTW file after loading the canned tune and ask for just the o2s disabledjasinedward wrote:well that stinks....I was thinking of getting cat deletes because they look like a good mod for the price, but with your canned tune I'm running almost 1/2 second faster than my bama tune. If I was to have them write a custom tune, it would negate the extra hp.... I don't want to go with another custom tuner, cause I just bought the tunes from Bama, which they were nice enough to transfer from my v6 to my 5.0. The only problem is that they are no good on my 5.0
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
jasinedward
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 pm
Re: rear o2 sensors
Mike_Levy wrote:Cat deletes are a retarded mod. You destroy the streetability of the car. You destroy the environment. You make no power over high flow cats, which are legal and don't screw up the Earth. Whats the point? They're one of the ricer mods. The cheap shit mods that do nothing, but make noise and annoy people.
You're pretty much wrong here......
Re: rear o2 sensors
Really? How so? I've done dyno testing to prove that they do nothing. My Jeep LOST power with no cats versus high flows. And you can't debate the effect on the environment, thats been proven countless times. How am I wrong again?
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: rear o2 sensors
FWIW, late model cats are basically high flow cats, they are not restricting power at stock-ish power levels 
Take the junk cats off say a 98-04 GT, and yes, you may see 5-10 rwhp, but newer vehicles not so much....
Take the junk cats off say a 98-04 GT, and yes, you may see 5-10 rwhp, but newer vehicles not so much....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: rear o2 sensors
You'd be surprised. When we compared the cats we took off my truck (the BMW, not the Jeep) with the new ones, there was an obvious difference. The stock ones have much smaller cells and much more densely packed. Plus the cats themselves are like twice the size. Definitely not high flow.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
-
jasinedward
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 pm
Re: rear o2 sensors
I do not drive a Jeep. I drive a Mustang. With my 2013 I had gains of 2/10 in the quarter mile. I'm also not a greenrodder. If I was an environmentalist I would have bought a Prius.Mike_Levy wrote:Cat deletes are a retarded mod. You destroy the streetability of the car. You destroy the environment. You make no power over high flow cats, which are legal and don't screw up the Earth. Whats the point? They're one of the ricer mods. The cheap shit mods that do nothing, but make noise and annoy people.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but post up some dyno graphs before and after for a 2014 Mustang 5.0. That would make your opinion a bit more valid
Re: rear o2 sensors
Has nothing to do with being an environmentalist. Its about us all doing our part. Do you think I'd have bought a truck that struggles to get 10mpg if I was an environmentalist? Of course not. I absolutely spent the extra and put cats on it when I replaced the downpipes though. We have to be responsible, regardless of what we drive.
If 600+hp vehicles don't gain power from removing the cats, what makes you think a lowly 400hp car would? I wouldn't waste my time dynoing one to prove it. I don't play with antiques.
In addition, as a SEMA Action Network Member, I'm letting you know, that once you remove those cats, you are no longer protected by SEMA or the Magnuson Moss Act. Ford wants to void the warranty, they are fully within their rights. The Act only applies to street vehicles, and no cats means its "For Off Road Use Only".
If 600+hp vehicles don't gain power from removing the cats, what makes you think a lowly 400hp car would? I wouldn't waste my time dynoing one to prove it. I don't play with antiques.
In addition, as a SEMA Action Network Member, I'm letting you know, that once you remove those cats, you are no longer protected by SEMA or the Magnuson Moss Act. Ford wants to void the warranty, they are fully within their rights. The Act only applies to street vehicles, and no cats means its "For Off Road Use Only".
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
-
jasinedward
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 pm
Re: rear o2 sensors
So did you buy your downpipes from a company that makes catless downpipes? I'm guessing you did.... I'm also guessing you paid them... I'm also guessing some percentage, no matter how small, went to the development and/or sale of a catless downpipe....
Did you also give them a lecture as to how catless pipes were worthless?
I can appreciate the point you're trying to make.... I really can. I wouldn't want to waste money on a "performance part" that offers no performance. The problem is you are not providing any type of evidence whatsoever. At the same time, I have seen evidence proving benefits of the cat deletes on the dyno and at the strip. The main reason I am doing this is because I prefer the sound of the deletes over the stock exhaust. Thanks for being rude though! I always love it when people tell me how it is!
Did you also give them a lecture as to how catless pipes were worthless?
I can appreciate the point you're trying to make.... I really can. I wouldn't want to waste money on a "performance part" that offers no performance. The problem is you are not providing any type of evidence whatsoever. At the same time, I have seen evidence proving benefits of the cat deletes on the dyno and at the strip. The main reason I am doing this is because I prefer the sound of the deletes over the stock exhaust. Thanks for being rude though! I always love it when people tell me how it is!
Re: rear o2 sensors
Actually, on a turbo motor, catless does provide advantages. The turbos provide the backpressure required for proper scavenging and pull the waste gasses out of the chambers, so the downpipes/catpipes are just a connection between the turbos and the exhaust. Less restriction is better. Apparently though theres next to no restriction is aftermarket cats, so its a non issue. The Mustang doesn't have turbos, nor do any of the other domestic V8s. They need the cats to promote scavenging. Without them, the torque drops. No scavenging, no velocity, no torque. Simple fluid dynamics. Thats where your track gains would come from, the decreased torque helping traction.
PS: If you think that was rude, you don't know me. That was nice in my world.
PS: If you think that was rude, you don't know me. That was nice in my world.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
-
jasinedward
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 pm
Re: rear o2 sensors
Thanks again for trolling!