DS Tune "Lock Down"

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

beas62

DS Tune "Lock Down"

Post by beas62 »

I searched for this topic, so pardon if this has been asked before. On another thread, Mike mentioned the state of being "locked down". Quote: "We can tune 2013s. Have been able to for weeks now, but we are not going to put it out there until we have it locked down, otherwise, Chrysler will change it next time you go to the dealership, ..."

From all I've read, the standard procedure for users is to reload the last factory tune prior to visiting the dealership. This avoids the situation of the dealer trying to update an already modified tune. However, based on the comment above, it sounds like there is a way to have the PCM "locked down" to prevent the dealership from modifying a tune once loaded. Is that the case? Or do I misunderstand?

Thanks guys.
Jerry
2013 Dodge Challenger SXT+SS/T
Mike_Levy

Re: DS Tune "Lock Down"

Post by Mike_Levy »

Nope. Once its on the computer Chrysler is free to change it. Tuners can lock them so other tuners can't change them, but Chrysler will always be able to overwrite a tune.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
beas62

Post by beas62 »

Mike_Levy wrote:Nope. Once its on the computer Chrysler is free to change it. Tuners can lock them so other tuners can't change them, but Chrysler will always be able to overwrite a tune.
I would think that myself. Hence the question. I wonder what Mike Litsch (mikel) means by "...we are not going to put it out there until we have it locked down, otherwise, Chrysler will change it next time you go to the dealership..." This doesn't jive with our understanding of how the the process works. Any thoughts MikeL?
Thanks again gentlemen.
mikel

Post by mikel »

you are misunderstanding, but I can't really comment any further ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
beas62

Post by beas62 »

mikel wrote:you are misunderstanding, but I can't really comment any further ;)
Ooookayy. Not very helpful, there, Mike. But reading between the lines, it sounds like DS has a new strategy. Later then.