Used tuner

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
Post Reply
Richardpietkiewicz
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Used tuner

Post by Richardpietkiewicz »

I am looking at buying a used u7146 from a guy who used it on his mustang, is it true that it will be locked or not and if so how much will it cost to unlock it? I am hearing all different things around the internet and wasn't sure what actually happens.
User avatar
sohfast94
Posts: 3512
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Re: Used tuner

Post by sohfast94 »

Go to options -> troubleshooting -> show last tune written and tell me what the tool says.
Insert Clever comment here...

Image

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.
User avatar
russo
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: Used tuner

Post by russo »

Richardpietkiewicz wrote:I am looking at buying a used u7146 from a guy who used it on his mustang, is it true that it will be locked or not and if so how much will it cost to unlock it? I am hearing all different things around the internet and wasn't sure what actually happens.
If it is locked there is a $129 fee to reset the device.
Post Reply

Return to “General inTune forum”