2013 SRT8 Charger - Problem

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
2012AWDRT
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 pm

2013 SRT8 Charger - Problem

Post by 2012AWDRT »

Hey guys,

I'm going on vacation so I won't be able to try anything for about a week or so, but Friday afternoon I updated my Trinity to the latest code, selected my vehicle, and plugged in the Trinity in my car. I didn't want to do anything but change the shift firmness so I chose Performance... and chose 'Modify Stock Tune' . It proceeded to save the original backup which took a very long time (much longer than it did on my 2012), when it finally reached 100% after about 10 minutes, it eventually asked me to 'please wait' at which point it stayed on that screen until the car finally shut itself off (can only sit in the 'Run' position for so long without actually running). So, I unplugged the Trinity and the car runs fine, nothing was done to it which was a sigh of relief. I never got to a point where I could choose what options I wanted, it basically appeared to freeze after downloading the original backup. Attachment attached... it's a picture i took while it was 'frozen' prior to the car shutting off.

Do I need to do some sort of reset on the Trinity? Do I possibly have something different about my 2013 SRT8 that is causing issues with the current code? Obviously i'm scared to do anything on the weekend or i'd have tried again :)

Brian
Attachments
2013-08-30 16.33.02.jpg
2013-08-30 16.33.02.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 4060 times
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2013 SRT8 Charger - Problem

Post by mikel »

did you try rebooting it to make sure its OK?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
2012AWDRT
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: 2013 SRT8 Charger - Problem

Post by 2012AWDRT »

mikel wrote:did you try rebooting it to make sure its OK?
When it locked up, I did unplug it and made sure my car would still run/etc... then plugged it back in. It booted up normally and showed no last tune (not married yet), etc.. so it's acting like nothing happened. I haven't touched it since, but I do see you posted a new update in a few other forums, maybe i'll try it next Monday.

Brian
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2013 SRT8 Charger - Problem

Post by mikel »

Yes, please update it, it will make sure that same situation wont happen again :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
2012AWDRT
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: 2013 SRT8 Charger - Problem

Post by 2012AWDRT »

UPDATE: No go. The tool shows 1r10b as the version after reselecting my vehicle, and it attempted to make an original backup twice after selecting '91 Perf Tune' and failed to do so... so it quit and went back to the main menu. I was recording it on video via my phone starting a few seconds after it started with the original backup process, which i'll upload to youtube via a private link and put it here when done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqhxV1g-eVQ

I noticed when on the 'Show Information' screen, if I scrolled down it still has my previous 2012 Charger RT AWD's VIN Number listed under 'Saved VIN', even though the tuner says it's not married. Not sure if that plays into anything or not, I definately returned it to stock before trading the vehicle away in May and it shows that it's not married. Thought i'd mention it.

Brian
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2013 SRT8 Charger - Problem

Post by mikel »

failing to read the backup is fine as long as it does not let you load anything after that.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
MonsterSRT
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:14 pm

Re: 2013 SRT8 Charger - Problem

Post by MonsterSRT »

I have a problem that my transmission will not downshift unless at wot. I've used 93 and 91 tune. Returned to stock and shifts great. Also throttle lag is huge on any tune. Can you help?
13 Srt Charger 392 PKG
Mopar CAI
Flowmaster 40 Custom Catback
Diablo 93 perf
Fastman 85mm OSTB
Hemifever Tune
TRADED for:
2015 SRT 392 Charger
2012AWDRT
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: 2013 SRT8 Charger - Problem

Post by 2012AWDRT »

MonsterSRT wrote:I have a problem that my transmission will not downshift unless at wot. I've used 93 and 91 tune. Returned to stock and shifts great. Also throttle lag is huge on any tune. Can you help?
Start a thread asking your question.
2012AWDRT
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: 2013 SRT8 Charger - Problem

Post by 2012AWDRT »

mikel wrote:failing to read the backup is fine as long as it does not let you load anything after that.
Is there something I should be doing though or is this a problem with the code? I've tried it once on 1r101a and twice on 1r101b and so far it's failed every time.

Brian
User avatar
garrett
Site Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:26 am

Re: 2013 SRT8 Charger - Problem

Post by garrett »

2012AWDRT wrote:
mikel wrote:failing to read the backup is fine as long as it does not let you load anything after that.
Is there something I should be doing though or is this a problem with the code? I've tried it once on 1r101a and twice on 1r101b and so far it's failed every time.

Brian
Do you have a battery charger you can connect to the vehicle while tuning? If so, give that a try and let us know what the outcome is. Thanks.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity Dodge Gas”