06 Ram rev & shift points

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

User avatar
white_lightning
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Re: 06 Ram rev & shift points

Post by white_lightning »

speedy wrote: Ah I see. No i'm running stock cams at the moment.

I may end up emailing you.
I'm not as familiar with 4.7 Rams, I mostly tune 5.7's.

stock 5.7 cam with Diablo tuning usually will run it's best 0-60mph somewhere between 5850 and 6050rpm WOT shifts.

exhaust mods, cai and head porting can change this some, raise the powerband up a bit.

unless a 4.7 carries it's powerband higher than a 5.7, 6200rpm is probably a bit high for your WOT shifts.

you can compare timed runs of different WOT shift points with a datalog, or with the timed run in the Trinity.

I understand the shift tables pretty well, and can probably set the WOT shifts wherever you want them.

attaching a log from and 05 Ram with 5.7 based 392 stroker and 232/238 @ .050 110 LSA+4 cam. WOT shifts are set at 6400rpm

at 3:15 in the log is the start of a WOT run from a stop.

note that 1-2 revs to 6683rpm, 283rpm past the WOT shift trigger of 6400. this is normal for a fast revving motor.

2-3 was set for 6400rpm too, and shifted a bit over 6600rpm too, but the guy let up before the 2-3 WOT shift in this log.
Attachments
232 238 truck intake,009 tune, log2_RamCrazy.log
(230.86 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Diablo Dodge CMR Tuner

Cell Phone#: (520) 508-5320

[email protected]

My Ride:
2005 Ram QC 1500, APS converter, 210/214 112 LSA cam, LT headers, True Duals, 4.56 gears, 180* T-Stat and some other mods. Tuned by Me.
User avatar
white_lightning
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Re: 06 Ram rev & shift points

Post by white_lightning »

vid of my truck with 6600rpm WOT 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.

that's above my powerband, but I did this to show that I understand how to set WOT shifts accurately, at any rpm.

my current WOT shifts are 6200.

[img][IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/whitelightninghemi/th_6600rpmWOT1-22-3shifts002.jpg[/img][/img]
Diablo Dodge CMR Tuner

Cell Phone#: (520) 508-5320

[email protected]

My Ride:
2005 Ram QC 1500, APS converter, 210/214 112 LSA cam, LT headers, True Duals, 4.56 gears, 180* T-Stat and some other mods. Tuned by Me.
speedy
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:27 pm
Location: SW MS

Re: 06 Ram rev & shift points

Post by speedy »

white_lightning wrote:vid of my truck with 6600rpm WOT 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.

that's above my powerband, but I did this to show that I understand how to set WOT shifts accurately, at any rpm.

my current WOT shifts are 6200.

[img][IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/whitelightninghemi/th_6600rpmWOT1-22-3shifts002.jpg[/img][/img]
I believe i understand how the wot shifts work.

I wish i could tune, test, & log to see what WOT shift point would be most benefiting. No rpm or any of the transmission adjustments (part throttle up shifts, down shifts, & WOT Throttle shift points) stick after the tune is written.
2006 Ram 1500 quad cab 4.7L
DiabloSport Trinity
Gibson SS shorties
Edge 2800 Converter
72mm F&B Throttle body
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity Dodge Gas”