pcm registration

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
Post Reply
rtmtrrdr
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:01 pm

pcm registration

Post by rtmtrrdr »

Hello all,
I just recently purchased an intune I1000 for my '05 dodge ram SLT 4.7L. I had an older superchips 3815 tuner installed on my truck and I figured I needed a newer more updated version. So instead of going to the updated version of the other tuner. I have heard good things about this one and decided to try it. Little to my knowledge that I would be having so many problems just trying to get it to work!I uninstalled my other tuner and returned the truck completely to the stock setting,I checked this 3 times with the other tuner.I updated the intune I1000 like the instructions said I should on my computer and went about installing it. when I plugged it in,It did it's normal boot up thing and got to the part where you pick write vehicle and it proceeded to do its thing. then it said it needed a pcm registration update for my vin# with an X or a check.If I hit the check it told me to update it on my comp and rebooted itself. If I hit the X it went into where I could program the tranny and a couple of other things but not put any tune on my engine.I went back to my computer and tried to update it.it said that everthing was up to date.I tried this 3 times also.I went back to try to program my truck and it had the pcm registarion update error again.If y'all could please help


I've been reading other posts and been seeing that you need the info.xml file? I going to try and attach what I think it is.
Thanks for any help you can provide :D
Attachments
info.xml
(507 Bytes) Downloaded 123 times
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: pcm registration

Post by mikel »

if I read all that correctly, the only issue it seems you have is with registration, correct?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: pcm registration

Post by mikel »

actually, the tool is registered...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
rtmtrrdr
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: pcm registration

Post by rtmtrrdr »

Yes the tool is registered. My problem is that when I go to write vehicle. It does its search thing and then comes up with a message. "PCM registration" then has my vin#. Then tells me to check for updates. Gives me an "x" or a check to choose. If hit the check it reboots the tool. If I hit the"x" it lets me do some tranny tunes and some advance stock tuning and that's it. It doesn't give me any tunes to pick like 87 or 93. It even says that if I do theese tunes it does not add any power changes to the vehicle
rtmtrrdr
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: pcm registration

Post by rtmtrrdr »

Forgot to say I've updated this thing 10 times on my computer and it say its up to date everytime
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: pcm registration

Post by mikel »

can you double check the message it gives you, or try giving us a call with the tool in the vehicle?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
rtmtrrdr
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: pcm registration

Post by rtmtrrdr »

Ok.I called y’all and they had me download some calibration files and told me it should work now. IT did, so I thought. I can adjust everything with the PCM and the TCM. The PCM writes and works just fine.When it goes to write the TCM, It has me do the key cycles.when I turn the key off, the tool reboots and goes to recovery mode.I have to go through the recovery mode until it gets to the part where it changes the speedometer then it freezes.I let it sit there for 2 hours and it did nothing.I had to pull the cord, then plug it in, let it boot up. Then I can tune the motor. It did this every time I tried to tune the TCM even if I didn’t actually do the key cycles and just told the tool I did. So as of right now I just have the 87 tune installed with the speedometer adjusted. Is there a fix for the TCM problem I am having? Or is this something that I am not able to tune the TCM like the tuner I used to have?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: pcm registration

Post by mikel »

post a copy of the info.xml file please
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
rtmtrrdr
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: pcm registration

Post by rtmtrrdr »

Opps sorry I forgot here it is
thanks
Attachments
info.xml
(508 Bytes) Downloaded 121 times
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: pcm registration

Post by mikel »

restore the stock tcm tune then try to tune the truck,and when it asks for cal update,,click the check, NOT the X, and then lug into pc and get the cal udpate.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
tom8887
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Re: pcm registration

Post by tom8887 »

Mike, please help.
I received my intune under the impression it was a plug and play module. obviously its not. it did an update on the computer when I first took it out of the pkg. I plugged it into my 2012 ram 1500 5.7L, and it tells me I need pcm calibration. I selected the check mark and plugged it into my win7 laptop to get error msgs. (I did log in as admin) after reading some post. it is Saturday, tech support closed. here is my info.xml:
Post Reply

Return to “General inTune forum”