2014 Silverado Quick shifting

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
selmahotrod
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 am
Location: Alabama

2014 Silverado Quick shifting

Post by selmahotrod »

My 2014 Silverado 1500 4X4 is shifting into high gear way to fast and causing me to have to push the excellerator down a lot to pick up speed. I have tried to adjust all the settings on my Trinity to no avail. I also have turned the DOD off and that helped very little. I have the 5.3L with 3.42 gears, standard tires and wheels, Flowmaster exhaust and a CAI. Can anyone give me any sugestions? Thanks, Mark
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting

Post by mikel »

are you adding throttle boost?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
selmahotrod
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 am
Location: Alabama

Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting

Post by selmahotrod »

I removed throttle boost and that helped some. I put truck back to stock and it shifts ok again. All I seem to be able to use my Trinity for is to deactivate DOD and speed limiter, that sucks!
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting

Post by mikel »

selmahotrod wrote:I removed throttle boost and that helped some. I put truck back to stock and it shifts ok again. All I seem to be able to use my Trinity for is to deactivate DOD and speed limiter, that sucks!
you dont notice better power, reduced TM, better shifting, and better throttle response??

We'll sort out the early shifting stuff....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
selmahotrod
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 am
Location: Alabama

Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting

Post by selmahotrod »

Yes, it does all that but the quick shift is worse with it programed. It needs some retuneing with a new update.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting

Post by mikel »

OK, we're looking into it.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
selmahotrod
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 am
Location: Alabama

Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting

Post by selmahotrod »

Great! I hope you can come up with a new update. Thanks, Mark
selmahotrod
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 am
Location: Alabama

Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting

Post by selmahotrod »

Just bought an Edge CTS, works perfect for my 2014 Silverado. Anyone want to buy a Trinity T 1000? Cheap!
gto3764
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting

Post by gto3764 »

I have a 14 Silverado as well with AirAid CAI, Jet throttle body and MAF sensor. I added a Borla ATAK system and tuned the 87 canned tune, DOD off and adjusted the throttle response to 17%. The shifting was horrible, if I don't floor it. Going 2 - 3 the engine has to catch up and basically lags really bad. I tuned the trottle back to stock and will see how it goes....

Ps. How about getting an auto update tool for MAC?
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting

Post by 06MonteSS »

I would get rid of the jet throttle body and aftermarket MAF sensor.. bad bad bad.. Aftermarket MAF sensors do not report true, correct information to the pcm... aftermarket MAF sensor calibrations fool the pcm into thinking the engine is running leaner than it really is, so when trying to tune it and adjust the fueling correctly, it will never really be right/correct, because that aftermarket MAF sensor is not reporting true/accurate info to begin with... Plus, they usually cause idle and driveability issues.. once you put your stock GM MAF sensor back on, I'm sure you'll notice it idles and drives much smoother...

Plus, the stock GM MAF sensors are good for 550/600+ hp anyway, so there is no reason to change it... So put the stock GM MAF sensor back on... If you don't have it anymore, then get one... ;-)

and I wouldn't put anything jet on a tricycle..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
gto3764
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting

Post by gto3764 »

After returning to stock throttle the truck is running great. Shifting is nearly perfect.
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity GM Gas”