U7186 program Issue, unit not licensed.

Predator support for GM diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Fast-Orange

U7186 program Issue, unit not licensed.

Post by Fast-Orange »

This is my third predator, bought the other two new but picked this one up used locally since they don't make them new anymore. My issue is I checked it before I bought it and it showed last tune written as original backup so I figured it was good to go. After I got it home I tried to program the truck (06 d max lly) selected my tune, changed some parameters went to tune and it read this unit is not licenced to this vehicle, tune was not written. I've done some searching and read you just need to call in and get it reset but im not to sure. Any input would be great.

Thanks!
06MonteSS

Re: U7186 program Issue, unit not licensed.

Post by 06MonteSS »

nah.. if it's a real old model/version, then even if they did restore the original backup stock tune to their vehicle, the predator will not unlock/reset...

power it up and when it gets to the main menu/screen, the revision number is shown at the top of the screen... what is that number?
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Fast-Orange

Post by Fast-Orange »

Part: u7186 dmx_lly_lbz
version: v.9r04
hardware: UNIV_REV2
Born: 07/18/2008 5480

Hope that helps
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

ok, so revision 9r04.. which is good/ok...

go to Options - Show Last Tune Written, and what does it say there??
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Fast-Orange

Post by Fast-Orange »

Says original backup but if I enter into it shows a calid # and a vin #.
mikel

Post by mikel »

thats the vin it is married to currently.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Fast-Orange

Post by Fast-Orange »

How is it still married to it if it reads original backup as last tune written? Is that a glitch in the programmer?
mikel

Post by mikel »

it marries once it saves a backup from a vehicle....it saved the backup, but it was never restored to unlock it.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Fast-Orange

Post by Fast-Orange »

I got in contact with the old owner were going to hook it back up to his truck and try to get it restored, thanks for the input.
tbarks

Post by tbarks »

I have this same issue. My unit shows v9r14. It also says last tune written = original backup. When I press Enter on that screen it shows several calibration IDs and then a VIN number that's not mine. I'm assuming that means it married to that VIN. The instructions say once the original backup has been installed the unit can be used on a different vehicle. Why would it say last tune written = original backup and still be married to the vehicle? How can it ever be used on a different vehicle? I won't be able to find the original vehicle to do anything with it. Can you help me get this unit cleared and so I can use it or am I just SOL. Thanks.
mikel

Post by mikel »

tbarks wrote:I have this same issue. My unit shows v9r14. It also says last tune written = original backup. When I press Enter on that screen it shows several calibration IDs and then a VIN number that's not mine. I'm assuming that means it married to that VIN. The instructions say once the original backup has been installed the unit can be used on a different vehicle. Why would it say last tune written = original backup and still be married to the vehicle? How can it ever be used on a different vehicle? I won't be able to find the original vehicle to do anything with it. Can you help me get this unit cleared and so I can use it or am I just SOL. Thanks.
the tool is married once it saves the stock tune from the vehicle, and thats what has happened here.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
tbarks

Post by tbarks »

mikel wrote:
tbarks wrote:I have this same issue. My unit shows v9r14. It also says last tune written = original backup. When I press Enter on that screen it shows several calibration IDs and then a VIN number that's not mine. I'm assuming that means it married to that VIN. The instructions say once the original backup has been installed the unit can be used on a different vehicle. Why would it say last tune written = original backup and still be married to the vehicle? How can it ever be used on a different vehicle? I won't be able to find the original vehicle to do anything with it. Can you help me get this unit cleared and so I can use it or am I just SOL. Thanks.
the tool is married once it saves the stock tune from the vehicle, and thats what has happened here.
So are you saying that even though it says Last Tune Written = Original Backup, that doesn't necessarily mean that happened or that it didn't un-marry to that VIN when the original backup was written?

Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong. Does Last Tune Written mean the last tune that was written to a vehicle or saved on the unit itself?

How do you actually get it un-married to a VIN?
mikel

Post by mikel »

restoring the backup will make that screen say predator not married.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
tbarks

Post by tbarks »

mikel wrote:restoring the backup will make that screen say predator not married.
Sorry for seeming a little dense but I'm still confused. So you're saying the original backup was not restored to the prior vehicle even though it says Last Tune Written = Original Backup? That seems a little misleading. The user manual doesn't say it may or may not have happened. How would I know the Original Backup was for sure written and the unit was unlocked? I need some ammo to try to return it to who I got it from. I'm guessing he's going to argue with me. Thanks.
mikel

Post by mikel »

when you are done restoring, the tool says 'restore and reset done', if you dont see that, it wasnt unlocked.
The manual does tell you to restore the stock tune in order to unlock the device ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com