2006 Dodge Ram 1500 non starting
Moderator: mikel
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 non starting
I haven't had a truck for two days now. Truck will not start.
The tune hung up mid way through the first part, and then tried to restore the back up. It has no back up saved.
The tuner is in a loop over and over and over with this. Hoping diablo has something for me monday. Im going to miss some work monday because of this.
The tune hung up mid way through the first part, and then tried to restore the back up. It has no back up saved.
The tuner is in a loop over and over and over with this. Hoping diablo has something for me monday. Im going to miss some work monday because of this.
Re: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 non starting
Currently on hold, haven't spoke to any one yet. Called as soon as the lines were open.
Re: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 non starting
easy fix.dicoonct your battery for 10 min both neg and pos.after ten min hook your bettery back up.when you are ready to put the tune back in call diablo they might have to forse it.hope that helps getting you back up and running.i had that happen to me when I was putting the tune in.
Re: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 non starting
Diablo has not been able to help me with it any more, I have to send in my PCM and tuner!
Re: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 non starting
Diablo I understand you guys are limited in what you can do for me. However this seems like a huge issue on your end!
Multiple people at the exact same time and day, with the exact same vehicle had this issue and now were all out of luck on our end.
Im about to go buy a local PCM locally so I can get by but this is going to cost me $400 on top of the $600 tuner.
And what do I have to grantee me this wont happen again? Nothing?
Multiple people at the exact same time and day, with the exact same vehicle had this issue and now were all out of luck on our end.
Im about to go buy a local PCM locally so I can get by but this is going to cost me $400 on top of the $600 tuner.
And what do I have to grantee me this wont happen again? Nothing?
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 non starting
a new pcm will need to be flashed, if you can get that done, just have the current PCM flashed and it should be fine.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 non starting
Mike is there any way we can use the trinity tuner to back up the pcm on this new pcm and dump it onto the one I had before?
This new pcm isn't even starting the truck, however it will get the truck to want to turn over and the fuel pump to prime up... I think the security key is an issue as its coming up in the codes on the diablo sport trinity.
This new pcm isn't even starting the truck, however it will get the truck to want to turn over and the fuel pump to prime up... I think the security key is an issue as its coming up in the codes on the diablo sport trinity.
Re: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 non starting
I was thinking the same thing. Why did this happen all of a sudden? Its not like these trucks are new. They're from even before the encryption days. It looks like somebody touched something they shouldn't have. Something they didn't know enough about, and screwed up the process.sullivan wrote:Diablo I understand you guys are limited in what you can do for me. However this seems like a huge issue on your end!
Multiple people at the exact same time and day, with the exact same vehicle had this issue and now were all out of luck on our end.
Would rolling back to a previous version work? I think it would, other then the fact that the tools would always want to update.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
Re: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 non starting
The new pcm wont work because of the immobilizer keys and stuff...
Re: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 non starting
Thats the new PCM. I don't understand why all of a sudden the old PCM got messed up, and why its happening so frequently all of a sudden.sullivan wrote:The new pcm wont work because of the immobilizer keys and stuff...
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
BMC Drop ins, JB4
2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
Re: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 non starting
did you try to disconnect the battery.i would not go spend the time or money to just go out and buy a new pcm.just for shits and gigs try to disconnect the battery first.i had this happen to me because I was fucking with the tunner and it got stuck in a lop.was not the tunner.
Re: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 non starting
The battery thing really does not do the trick on most stuff. I had the same issue he had and luckily got mine worked out without sending mine to Diablo or having the dealer reflash. Sullivan and I even talked and what I did would not work for him. I had my battery unhooked for 24hours with no luck when I did mine.Brian1974 wrote:did you try to disconnect the battery.i would not go spend the time or money to just go out and buy a new pcm.just for shits and gigs try to disconnect the battery first.i had this happen to me because I was fucking with the tunner and it got stuck in a lop.was not the tunner.
He has two different issues here. The Diablo is looping which we got that worked out and he is able to bypass that and his truck is not starting. Exact issues I was having. I totally agree with him and feel for him.
I was really wanting to use the Diablo Trinity for custom tuning but I can not risk hosing my PCM software. I just do not have the money to waste on a reflash or getting a backup PCM just in case. So I am using my Diablo for data logging only
Nothing against Diablo. I have recommended them to many people and you can see they have many success stories.