Predator tune issues - Chrysler

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
enuf pwr
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:29 am

Predator tune issues - Chrysler

Post by enuf pwr »

I have a 2006 SRT8 300C. I recently installed a predator tune (93 and 91 tunes) to improve the lazy factory tune. Night and day difference..... For 2 weeks. I have had the tuner for a month and after about two weeks, the idle, shifts post important parts of the tune get out of whack. The idle will start to flutter (the motor slightly revs at low rpm's like it's trying to keep the car from dying) The shift points, well they hold the gear and kick into the next gear violently or if at all. If you put you foot into the pedal you can get around some of the crazy shifts. (all of these symptoms in D) In auto shift you can control a little better.

Once I convert back to stock, symptoms are gone.


The tune works great when reloaded, it's just the symptoms kick in around the two week mark.

Here is the info off the tuner.

Image
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58774
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Predator tune issues - Chrysler

Post by mikel »

thats odd, not something I have ever heard to be honest....just checked with our resident LX guru, and he said 'whaaa?'....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
enuf pwr
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Predator tune issues - Chrysler

Post by enuf pwr »

At one point I did get a P2173 Code. (lightning bolt, abs & TC lit up the dash)

Image


The car actually held 5th gear on the highway and would not downshift. Searched and found it to be related "possibly" to a faulty throttle body. (this was during the time I had the tune installed)

Uninstalled the tune, cleared the code has not happen since. Also w/ the symptoms of the throttle & shifting no codes came up .

I have a new throttle body on order as well as replacing the transmission fluid. (it's around the 70K mark so it's due)

Once that's done i'll re-install the tune. Are there any revisions to either of the tunes for the 06-10 SRT8 300's?
User avatar
prerace
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:12 pm

Re: Predator tune issues - Chrysler

Post by prerace »

I have a customer with a 300C who is having similar issues with his vehicle. On a slightly modified 91octane + cai tune it happens after a few days of driving. If we uninstall the predator the problem goes away. Any ideas? Something to do with the torque tables possibly?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58774
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Predator tune issues - Chrysler

Post by mikel »

usually a leak somewhere...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

Re: Predator tune issues - Chrysler

Post by Mike_Levy »

Since it takes a few weeks to happen, it seems like it would be something with the adaptives. The computer is learning something, its just not learning it properly. Removing the tune and reinstalling resets them and the process happens again.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
User avatar
prerace
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:12 pm

Re: Predator tune issues - Chrysler

Post by prerace »

mikel wrote:usually a leak somewhere...
I really wish this were the case. I have checked for leaks with our smoke machine and found nothing. The fact that it only happens on the tuned map is what is very strange.
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Dodge Gas”