Diablo Support Consumer notice

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
rowdog_14
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 am

Diablo Support Consumer notice

Post by rowdog_14 »

I am not here to boil a pot. Diablo has a great product and they know it. It has all features in one and it is pretty much a one stop shop when it comes down to a plug and play tuner outside of running a standalone PCM/Computer, which is almost impossible given the emission standards set by states now and all the computer features auto makers put into the PCM/computers.

I started a post here and was very unsatisfied at the remark the manager made in the situation. Everyone knows about warranties and how they work. Everyone knows the risk you take when you buy used products. It is not a scientific equation. Yes Mark, I chose to take a risk of buying a used product and I understood that risk. What I did not and would not have agreed upon is not being able to fix my product at all myself.

That being said who wants a product that the end user can pretty much do nothing with as far as repair. We are given about a 1% ability to troubleshoot a problem and even then it is still left up to tuner company to fully fix it majority of the time. Do not pigeon hole me into making me have to come back to you to have a product fixed new or used.

The thing is, it is not just Germane to just Diablo but mostly all the tuner companies. My friend had issues with Superships too. My problem mainly is they have the consumer in the palm of their hand. Everything in my house except for this Diablo and SCT, I can fix if something was to go wrong with it warranty or not, including my actual house. I am not BSing I am serious. Do not pigeon hole me to having to have you the company fix any and every issue I have.

There should be a disclaimer too. As the consumer, you take full responsibility of knowing that if anything that requires service or repair will require 100% or dang near 100% intervention from the company directly and pretty much all repairs cannot be done by the consumer in or out of warranty.

If this is told to me and I know that I do not have an option of fixing something myself after a warranty period, screw that you can keep your product.

I did have an issue with my trinity that I was able to resolve myself but still had warning messages come up. Tech Support @ Diablo did take care of this issue for me by providing me with a password to reset my registry. Thanks for that support

http://www.diablosport.com/forum/viewto ... 38#p271038

Mike, just because someone buys your product used does not mean they are not going to buy a new product in the future or are not a paying customer for your product. I have actually purchased two accessories for the used trinity last week. No matter how big or small the fish is Mike a dollar is a dollar and that keeps the company you are working for in business. Also, with the other internal update issues floating around they too had bad COM chips that you assume is wrong with mine? (Not a rhetorical question but you can answer if you want.)

You all will probably delete this post from the forums and that is fine. I just wanted to say my part in a respectable fashion. So when a new customer comes along they know how things were from my experience. When there is one negative review there are hundreds and if not thousands of positives. I just hate I have had two bad experiences in just one week.
.
rowdog_14
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 am

Re: Diablo Support Consumer notice

Post by rowdog_14 »

As you know the tone of a typed message cannot be depicted through the computer. I am upset but the last post was done just out of making my point and not intended on having a tone of being upset. So as a disclaimer the tone of the last message is just me making a long statement.

If someone would like to talk personally I will happy to take a call 615-585-8623.

correction above..."not intended" instead of "intended"
Last edited by rowdog_14 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Diablo Support Consumer notice

Post by mikel »

if you are comfortable fixing the tool yourself, by all means, you may have at it.

If you can source the correct COM chip and have the ability to solder chips on a board, again, please do so.

if not, we need to cover the cost of time and labor required to do so.
Good labor does not come cheap, and this is a specialized task.

Sorry you are not satisfied with the situation, but this is a standard policy.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
rowdog_14
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 am

Re: Diablo Support Consumer notice

Post by rowdog_14 »

Mike,

Seriously, read what you just typed. There is no way in Gods green earth I can fix this and I admitted it. I can solder all day that is no issue. This issues is with the software/firmware that I do not have access to and can not have access to. You are making statements knowing the answer to it and being a smart a--. I could probably source a chip if I really did some research and find out which one it is, if hardware is the main issue. Attaining hardware is not an issue and you know it. The issue still comes down to software. All I am saying is there should be some type of software reset that can be done by the end user on a unmarried/unlocked tuner new or used, warranty or not that does not require intervention from you all, or if it did it would just check that the tool was previously in an unlocked state prior to the restore and that would come from a file or something sent to you all server prior to the resetting of the tool. You know it can be done. That is all I am saying. Consider that in future applications with your product. This is just that extra step to make your product and service even better.
User avatar
garrett
Site Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:26 am

Re: Diablo Support Consumer notice

Post by garrett »

If a software reset would fix this issue, we would have done so just as we have done previously. Unfortunately a chip has failed on the tool and will need to be physically replaced. As you have seen, unplugging the tool and plugging it back in has not fixed this error and unfortunately it will need to be repaired here by one of our techs. If the tool was under the 1 year warranty, there would be no fee associated with it, but unfortunately this is not the case. The tool was purchased used. The best suggestion i could make is to send it in and have it repaired.
Image
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Diablo Support Consumer notice

Post by mikel »

This is not a reset issues sir, I do not know why you keep assuming that, after I explained that the COM chip needs to be replaced, but there is no software or firmware issue here, simply a part on the board that has failed, and needs to be replaced to allow the tool to properly function again.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
rowdog_14
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 am

Re: Diablo Support Consumer notice

Post by rowdog_14 »

garrett wrote:If a software reset would fix this issue, we would have done so just as we have done previously. Unfortunately a chip has failed on the tool and will need to be physically replaced. As you have seen, unplugging the tool and plugging it back in has not fixed this error and unfortunately it will need to be repaired here by one of our techs. If the tool was under the 1 year warranty, there would be no fee associated with it, but unfortunately this is not the case. The tool was purchased used. The best suggestion i could make is to send it in and have it repaired.
mikel wrote:This is not a reset issues sir, I do not know why you keep assuming that, after I explained that the COM chip needs to be replaced, but there is no software or firmware issue here, simply a part on the board that has failed, and needs to be replaced to allow the tool to properly function again.
Reading post on this issue from prior forum post outside and inside this forum the replies from Diablo employees are either "Create a RMA and send it in" or "it needs a reset send it in". From the searching done,I did not see anything that mentioned that this is a hardware issue and will require either hardware, software or both to fix the issue. So that is how I got the "reset would fix the issue". How about making a more robust statement that" internal hardware error/failure" or something similar to that instead of "Internal software update installed..." that too leads people to think it is just a software issue.

I understand the out of warranty...you all are beating that horse to death.

I am sending it out because it is just a paperweight to me. Just need confirmation that for the $99 that it will be fixed hardware/software and sent back fully functional. If not what will cause the charges to exceed $99?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Diablo Support Consumer notice

Post by mikel »

Only time charges would exceed $99 is if there are excessive issues or damage to the board itself, and it cant be fixed.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
rowdog_14
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 am

Re: Diablo Support Consumer notice

Post by rowdog_14 »

Thanks will send out in the next few days
rowdog_14
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 am

Re: Diablo Support Consumer notice

Post by rowdog_14 »

Got tuner Friday of last week. Was able to data log on the truck over the weekend. I have not tuned with the trinity but all seems well with it. Thanks for the quick turn time.
Post Reply

Return to “General Trinity”