Internal Update trinity not functioning

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
rowdog_14
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 am

Internal Update trinity not functioning

Post by rowdog_14 »

I connected my unmarried tuner to my wife's car to read a trouble code and when I connect it the trinity powered up and as soon as it powered up it gave a "An internal update has been installed that requires a reboot Please unplug your Trinity briefly to cycle the power.(1)". I did not with no success. So away to the forum I went. From what I can see from reading forums, I have to send this in to be fixed/reset. I purchased it used and I am not under any warranty. I did not see that you all charged anyone else for this issue based on prior forum post even out of warranty. Would this cost me anything other than the shipping? Also, I know I need to do a RMA based on forum post, but I just want to make sure what the charges will be if any.

Thanks
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Internal Update trinity not functioning

Post by mikel »

$99 + shipping for out of warranty repairs.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
rowdog_14
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 am

Re: Internal Update trinity not functioning

Post by rowdog_14 »

:( is all I can type. I will make a call instead. This has been a very frustrating experience for me and you alls product.
rowdog_14
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 am

Re: Internal Update trinity not functioning

Post by rowdog_14 »

I just called and there was a pretty much sorry you will have to send it in. Mike I am going to send you an email and if you could respond or give me a call. I think the issues I have had with this product have really been unfair even considering an out of warranty product. The product is unmarried and has all updates. I will email to discuss in more detail.

Thanks
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Internal Update trinity not functioning

Post by mikel »

we never advise buying used, and when you do, you willingly decide to avoid the warranty.

When you buy new, we cover everything, as its our place to take care of the customers who are paying us for our products.

When you buy second hand, the person you paid seems to bear no responsibility for what you bought...funny how that works :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
rowdog_14
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 am

Re: Internal Update trinity not functioning

Post by rowdog_14 »

Mike I was trying to keep this offline and directly with you.

Yes it is funny how that works :)

Good Day Mike
rowdog_14
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 am

Re: Internal Update trinity not functioning

Post by rowdog_14 »

Got tuner Friday of last week. Was able to data log on the truck over the weekend. I have not tuned with the trinity but all seems well with it. Thanks for the quick turn time.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Internal Update trinity not functioning

Post by mikel »

No worries.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
eric.j.kubik
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:06 pm

Re: Internal Update trinity not functioning

Post by eric.j.kubik »

I have the exact same problem with my Trinity that just happened about a week ago. I've had mine little more than a year but I've only used it twice!!!!!!!! I hooked it up to my computer but it doesn't recognize it! I bought mine brand new... I'm not sure if it's still covered under warranty. Not an issue I expect with a $600 product. HPTuners might be getting my business. I've had several professional tuners tell me that DiabloSport isn't that great and has issues with the 2010+ Camaros. This was after I had already got a DiabloSport so they had nothing to gain by telling me that. My Trinity has sat for nearly almost a year without being used. I go to load a tune in it after I recently installed my exhaust and boom.... "Please cycle power briefly to finish installing Internal Update (1)" So I did, several times. I tried plugging it in through USB on my computer. It wouldn't recognize it and the same screen popped back up. Obviously there is a problem with not just mine but others as well that should be a manufacturer issue, therefore should be covered under warranty regardless of time constraints.
Post Reply

Return to “General Trinity”