Datalogging for submission to a CMR

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

DavidsChargerR/T

Datalogging for submission to a CMR

Post by DavidsChargerR/T »

I have a friend who has a 2013 Charger and he is using the Intune on his car. We were talking about Data logging to submit information to a CMR in order to obtain a custom tune. He said he just told his Intune to do a data log and saved it. I am not sure if his computer was hooked up to the Intune at the time. I assume it was not but will have to check.

Anyway, looking at the Trinity Instructions the only thing I see about Data Logging Live and recording the data requires you to set up gauges and select what parameters you want to log, then select edit and close this log then save where you give it a name. Am I missing something that sort of will Data Log everything that a CMR would need or is it true that you have to set up gauges with selected parameters that the CMR tells you he wants recorded?

Thank you in advance, being a Newbie and wanting to get a custom tune I just need some help as to how to go about it.
randy17

Re: Datalogging for submission to a CMR

Post by randy17 »

You will have to log specific parameters to have enough and also you don't want more than necessary.
2010 Camaro SS II Kooks Long Tube, Borla Attack Cat Back, CAI
In house Mustang Dyno
CMR Chevy, Ford, Dodge (Gas)
DavidsChargerR/T

Thanks Randy 17... I was hopping there was a hidden feature that was similar to what is used in the Intune. I will contact my CMR and find out what he wants me to Data Log and go from there.
mikel

Post by mikel »

the _tuner layout in Trinity should have what you need :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
DavidsChargerR/T

Thanks Mikel for the information.

I am new to this so where will I find the_tuner layout in the Trinity? Is this something online in the Forum or in the actual Trinity Menu? You are not referring to the 07- up Hemi preloaded log are you?

Thanks for your help
DavidsChargerR/T

Mikel... are you referring to the Post by Johan above in which he gives a list of PIDs to log in the Tuner?
He has two attachments that when unzipped are .dsh files? How do you load these into the Data Viewer?
I tried by just opening the Dataviewer without the Trinity attached but did not get anything when choosing PID, DMR or External. Do I have to choose the Dashboard with the Trinity attached or will it work with the Trinity not attached?
Thanks for your help...

IF the_tuner layout for the Trinity is somewhere else please indicate where it is as I am still finding my way in the land of Trinity....

Thanks for your help Mikel...
mikel

Post by mikel »

you should have a layout in the monitoring or logging menu called xx_xxxx_tuner, thats what you should use to make the log.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
DavidsChargerR/T

I will look for it in the Trinity Menu.... I will let you know how I make out.

Thanks for your Help Mikel... The car is running great with the 91 Octane Tune by the way.
DavidsChargerR/T

Re: Mikel ? Datalogging for submission to a CMR

I went out to the car and went to the Logging menu. When it comes up the only choices I have are to Create a New Log, to pull up a saved log, to delete a log and exit. Going into saved log it says there are no logs saved.
I then went into the Monitor Menu and all that is there is Create Gauges and a 07 up Hemi Monitor with preset gauges.
I don't know where to look to find the xx_xxxx_tuner layout?
Am I looking in the wrong place or is my Trinity missing this log?
The car is a 2013 Charger R/T 5.7 and I had the Trinity update when I was first setting it up on my PC last week.
Thanks for your help and patience.
randy17

Post by randy17 »

Go to create a new log and be ready to play with it a while. Being this is your 1st time it can be quite confusing as there are many different ways to layout your parameters and gauges. There are some canned layouts such as gm_gas, ds_redux, and etc. Check those by using up and down button on your trinity to see if they cover the parameters you want to log. If not then you can create your own layout. When you get a full page of gauges just use menu to add a new page (of gauges) until you get all the parameters needed for doing a custom tune. If I'm off somewhere I'm sure you will find out by playing with the logging menu. In the meantime if your really scour this site you can find instructions for setting up the logging menu or you can find a trinity users manual on the CD that came with the trinity. Even with the manual you will probably be as nervous about messing something up. If you can't find the manual just let me know and I'll try to hook you up with it.
2010 Camaro SS II Kooks Long Tube, Borla Attack Cat Back, CAI
In house Mustang Dyno
CMR Chevy, Ford, Dodge (Gas)
mikel

Post by mikel »

what version is on this tool?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
DavidsChargerR/T

The version number is V.1r13c
S/N is 6QKPN43-4
Bootloader version : 0,0
Born: 12/04/14
Bus test: NOT DONE
Saved Calid: 68171350AC

That is all the information showing in the Options / Information section on the Trinity.

Appreciate your help in finding out why I can not find that xx_xxx_tuner layout.

Thanks....
mikel

Post by mikel »

try the restore default layouts option.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
DavidsChargerR/T

Mikel..

Thank you so much for your help. I did the restore default gauge layouts in the Logging area and a bunch of layouts appeared. I see the O7 up tuner layout.

You are the best... Thanks
mikel

Post by mikel »

suh-weet!
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com