2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
Airjack
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:08 pm

2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by Airjack »

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'm going to ask anyway. I have a 2014 5.3 Silverado and have been playing with the shift pressures in the part throttle section. The problem I have is the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift has a delay before it shifts. I can feel my body move forward then back. Lol. I have turned the power management off and set the pressure all the way up but it still has a slight delay. WOT isn't bad but would like a little more firmness. Is this normal or is there something I'm doing wrong?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by mikel »

please post the files from the tunes folder on the intune drive.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Airjack
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by Airjack »

Here they are.
Attachments
ECM_12659743_LastTuneWritten.grg
(111.78 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
ECM_12659743_Backup.grg
(110.97 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
TCM_24271132_LastTuneWritten.grg
(53.35 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
TCM_24271132_Backup.grg
(52.92 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Airjack
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by Airjack »

Any word on this? Thanks.
Zach
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by Zach »

Are you utilizing the Throttle Boost function in the PCM adjustable parameters?
Image
Airjack
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by Airjack »

Yes sir. I have it set at 15. It's like the 1-2 shift is still on stock setting with power management
and all.
Zach
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by Zach »

Load this up please and let me know how it does
Attachments
tcm_24271132_custom.grg
(46.31 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
Image
Airjack
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by Airjack »

Ok I'll let you know. Have to wait till after work.
Airjack
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by Airjack »

Sorry but it still shifts stock from 1-2. Like I said before it's like the power management is taking over because I get a delay then shift in all gears but 1-2 is real bad. Not saying I want a dragster but I like a firm quick shift.
sarah_ima64
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:01 pm
Location: México

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by sarah_ima64 »

I have the same problems with my Sierra and Silverado and my brother with hp tuners very nice shifting, any lag and very hardest
2005 RAM 1500 Daytona : Diablosport Trinity, CAI Airaid, Headers JBA, Catback Borla.
2009 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4 : Diablosport Trinity, CAI Airaid, headers JBA, Catback Flowmaster.
2011 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 : Diablosport Trinity, CAI Airaid, Catback Magnaflow.
Zach
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by Zach »

Airjack,

Please load this tune up and let me know.
Attachments
tcm_24271132_custom2.grg
(46.31 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
Image
Airjack
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by Airjack »

Zach, 1-2 still has a bad lag but everything else is ok.
Zach
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by Zach »

Please get me a datalog, and try to note how far into the log the issue is preset.
Image
Geemanss
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by Geemanss »

Having the same issue with my tune..
1-2 shifts are slightly improved, I would like to hear a chirp going in to 2nd gear..
Thanks
2014 Chevy Silverado 5.3
Airjack
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: 2014 Silverado hard shift tune

Post by Airjack »

Zach, About 2-3 minutes into the log are part throttle shifts and one WOT at the very end. Thanks.
3GCPCRECXEG518424_00.log
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 358 times
Post Reply

Return to “General inTune forum”