Black Screen of Death (BSOD)

Post any issues or questions regarding the inTune auto updater application, or any PC related issues here.
Post Reply
rhawker66
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:42 am

Black Screen of Death (BSOD)

Post by rhawker66 »

Intune unit was just delivered on 7/16/2015. After updating Intune successfully upon delivery I installed the "Diablotune" to my car and the unit now has my stock tune.

Next I wanted to modify some parameters so I plugged into my laptop and ran update, I assume it went normally except that the registration page went all kablooey but somehow I managed to register "I THINK".

Anyway, after that the unit reboots and progress bar appears to be moving along. After about 2 minutes that process completes and the unit displays only the banner at top with "Intune" and "?". Then about 2 minutes after that my laptop recognizes it and wants to show me the virtual CD contents. About a minute later, the unit displays the three "home" icons "TUNE VEHICLE", "SCAN TOOL" and "SETTINGS" So far it seems normal to me.

However...

While still connected to my laptop I click any button on the unit and the display makes a quick "chirp" and then it will only show top banner (with "Intune" and ?) all else is black. Stops responding. Dead.

Only thing that seems to revive is to unplug from laptop, wait 10 seconds, replug. Then it starts up again and we go through it all over again. Tried with all three buttons and get the same result - chirp, BSOD.

I haven't plugged back into my car. I assume I can change settings while at my laptop? Or am I missing something here?

-Rob :crashing:
2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
DiabloMatt
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:19 am

Re: Black Screen of Death (BSOD)

Post by DiabloMatt »

that is normal actually... you cannot navigate the intune menu while it is plugged into a computer. plug it into the car and it will work normally.
Post Reply

Return to “Auto Updater/PC related issues”