2014 Silverado Quick shifting
-
selmahotrod
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 am
- Location: Alabama
2014 Silverado Quick shifting
My 2014 Silverado 1500 4X4 is shifting into high gear way to fast and causing me to have to push the excellerator down a lot to pick up speed. I have tried to adjust all the settings on my Trinity to no avail. I also have turned the DOD off and that helped very little. I have the 5.3L with 3.42 gears, standard tires and wheels, Flowmaster exhaust and a CAI. Can anyone give me any sugestions? Thanks, Mark
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting
are you adding throttle boost?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
selmahotrod
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 am
- Location: Alabama
Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting
I removed throttle boost and that helped some. I put truck back to stock and it shifts ok again. All I seem to be able to use my Trinity for is to deactivate DOD and speed limiter, that sucks!
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting
you dont notice better power, reduced TM, better shifting, and better throttle response??selmahotrod wrote:I removed throttle boost and that helped some. I put truck back to stock and it shifts ok again. All I seem to be able to use my Trinity for is to deactivate DOD and speed limiter, that sucks!
We'll sort out the early shifting stuff....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
selmahotrod
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 am
- Location: Alabama
Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting
Yes, it does all that but the quick shift is worse with it programed. It needs some retuneing with a new update.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting
OK, we're looking into it.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
selmahotrod
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 am
- Location: Alabama
Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting
Great! I hope you can come up with a new update. Thanks, Mark
-
selmahotrod
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 am
- Location: Alabama
Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting
Just bought an Edge CTS, works perfect for my 2014 Silverado. Anyone want to buy a Trinity T 1000? Cheap!
Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting
I have a 14 Silverado as well with AirAid CAI, Jet throttle body and MAF sensor. I added a Borla ATAK system and tuned the 87 canned tune, DOD off and adjusted the throttle response to 17%. The shifting was horrible, if I don't floor it. Going 2 - 3 the engine has to catch up and basically lags really bad. I tuned the trottle back to stock and will see how it goes....
Ps. How about getting an auto update tool for MAC?
Ps. How about getting an auto update tool for MAC?
Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting
I would get rid of the jet throttle body and aftermarket MAF sensor.. bad bad bad.. Aftermarket MAF sensors do not report true, correct information to the pcm... aftermarket MAF sensor calibrations fool the pcm into thinking the engine is running leaner than it really is, so when trying to tune it and adjust the fueling correctly, it will never really be right/correct, because that aftermarket MAF sensor is not reporting true/accurate info to begin with... Plus, they usually cause idle and driveability issues.. once you put your stock GM MAF sensor back on, I'm sure you'll notice it idles and drives much smoother...
Plus, the stock GM MAF sensors are good for 550/600+ hp anyway, so there is no reason to change it... So put the stock GM MAF sensor back on... If you don't have it anymore, then get one...
and I wouldn't put anything jet on a tricycle..
Plus, the stock GM MAF sensors are good for 550/600+ hp anyway, so there is no reason to change it... So put the stock GM MAF sensor back on... If you don't have it anymore, then get one...
and I wouldn't put anything jet on a tricycle..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Re: 2014 Silverado Quick shifting
After returning to stock throttle the truck is running great. Shifting is nearly perfect.