Spark knocking?
Spark knocking?
Hello, I'm new to the forums and to the tuner world. I recent bought a InTune to turn off the AFM in my 2007.5 seirra. In order to do so I had to first install and tune [87] then turn off the dod.... I did so but when I went for my first test drive I had a horrible pinging sound that sounded directly like spark knocking..... After about a month of spark knocking and oil consumption. Which the AFM delete did not seem to help. I went back to my stick tune and put the device away. Any reasons why my truck done this? Thanks in advance.
Re: Spark knocking?
well, the 87 octane tune does not change the timing at all.. it's stock factory timing settings in the 87 tune.. so that wasn't it.. and if you are still burning oil after disabling the DOD, then you have other issues.. could be failing lifters, which is a symptom of the oil burning and is also a known failure issue due to the DOD/AFM, which could also be what's causing the knock/ping..
sounds like you have mechanical/physical issues with the truck you need to get addressed/fixed first before trying to tune.. you want it to be working/running correctly beforehand..
sounds like you have mechanical/physical issues with the truck you need to get addressed/fixed first before trying to tune.. you want it to be working/running correctly beforehand..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Re: Spark knocking?
Thanks for the advice. I'm currently running an oil additive in it trying to break down any carbon despoits on my rings/valves. Not sure why the truck burns oil like it does. About 1 qt. every 1000 miles. As far as tuning goes. I am about scared to try it again. Is there any way I can just disable AFM without putting a tune on?
Re: Spark knocking?
you can select the Modify Stock Tune.. that is just a copy of the factory stock tune that you can modify.. so select that and modify it and disable the DOD and install it.. that will be a copy of the stock factory tune with just DOD disabled.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Re: Spark knocking?
Well that's good to know haha. I was under the impression that I had to put a tune on it then modify the tune. So, I can just modify the "stock tune" and it will save a back up copy of the original? This shouldn't mess anything on the truck up? Just turn off AFM? Sorry for the noobish questions and posting in the wrong section of the forums.