2002 Pontiac Trans Am Original backup not saved

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
Luckyzach
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:56 pm

2002 Pontiac Trans Am Original backup not saved

Post by Luckyzach »

T1000 not saving the stock tune file, 2002 Pontiac Trans Am.

I recently bought a used Trinity T1000 from someone and the unit has been unmarried and is in working order but when I go to mess with tuning it, it goes through this. I can't seem to figure out what to do. I've updated it hoping that might fix it but it didn't. I'm stuck at what to do and really wanting to see the potential the unit has for my car. This is what happens when I click on performance and go to start tuning and tells me I need to backup the original tune.

It says "original backup not saved (-11)"

When I click on more info, it says "PCM: error prepare read (-1)"

And then it proceeds to try again with the same error codes. Any help will be greatly appreciated. My car also has its stock tune so that can't be the issue.

I've seen a previous post similar to mine but with no answer on how to fix it.
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Original backup not saved

Post by 06MonteSS »

key turned to ON position? have anything aftermarket installed, like aftermarket stereo, subs, amps, nav, remote start, heated seats, etc? If so, anything aftermarket like that needs to be disconnected...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Luckyzach
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Original backup not saved

Post by Luckyzach »

So for it to work, I have to disconnect the stereo and subs in my car? Because I had it running when I was messing with the performance aspect of the tuner. Do I just need to turn the stereo and subs off or do I need to disconnect all of it?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Original backup not saved

Post by mikel »

you may need to disconnect it for the install.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Luckyzach
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Original backup not saved

Post by Luckyzach »

I'll give it a try as soon as I can, I'll let you guys know if it works or not.
Luckyzach
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Original backup not saved

Post by Luckyzach »

I did that and it worked! Thank you guys very much!
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Original backup not saved

Post by mikel »

:)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity GM Gas”