Seem like the DR trucks have fallen from the Scope
Moderator: mikel
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
"id rather have a great product tomorrow then a crappy one today."
-wise words....
-wise words....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
- fordomatic69
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:12 pm
DiabloSport is a company... a company, like any other wants to make money or they perish. Not that I don't think they "WANT" to help car owners but a good reputation increases sales and loyalty (Are you listening Big 3 autmakers? LOL) Sometimes it is necessary to take pre-orders for a product for many reasons from the cost of covering the developement of the product to the amount of interest there is in the product. No sense speding $100K on R&D, salary, etc. if only 5 people will buy it... you would need to charge $25K each just to recoup your initial R&D cost.
Fordomatic Says:
"I've heard of Vaporware... but I've never actually seen it"
http://www.twincamlubricants.com - For all your synthetic lubricant needs. Order Online and save over retail.
"I've heard of Vaporware... but I've never actually seen it"
http://www.twincamlubricants.com - For all your synthetic lubricant needs. Order Online and save over retail.
-
HEMIFISH2004
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:01 pm
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
That will most likely happen.HEMIFISH2004 wrote:anyone want to bet that v6 tuner for the cars comes out before the trucks?
Does not mean for any reason that the truck tool is not coming or that it is not a top priority for us.
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Just FYI...we do not take preorders for anything.fordomatic69 wrote:DiabloSport is a company... a company, like any other wants to make money or they perish. Not that I don't think they "WANT" to help car owners but a good reputation increases sales and loyalty (Are you listening Big 3 autmakers? LOL) Sometimes it is necessary to take pre-orders for a product for many reasons from the cost of covering the developement of the product to the amount of interest there is in the product. No sense speding $100K on R&D, salary, etc. if only 5 people will buy it... you would need to charge $25K each just to recoup your initial R&D cost.
Anyone taking preorders on these tools is doing so on their own end, not through us.
Anyone that has preordered a Predator that does not exist, we do not have that money here. The money is sitting with whomever you ordered it from, not us.
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
- fordomatic69
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:12 pm
Thanks for clarifying that... I thought from some of the posts that folks pre-ordered it from your site. That's good to know btw 
Fordomatic Says:
"I've heard of Vaporware... but I've never actually seen it"
http://www.twincamlubricants.com - For all your synthetic lubricant needs. Order Online and save over retail.
"I've heard of Vaporware... but I've never actually seen it"
http://www.twincamlubricants.com - For all your synthetic lubricant needs. Order Online and save over retail.
Do you think it will be out by august 08? I was just wondering, i was thinking of having my computer sent out and reprogrammed due to the camshaft i have in my truck. It runs poorly but i think your tuner will be better because i can do the tuning myself. September is when i bracket race the truck and was wondering if it would be close or will be out by august?
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
I feel very confident saying it will be ready by August, but even then, you will need a custom tune for that cam.ssiek wrote:Do you think it will be out by august 08? I was just wondering, i was thinking of having my computer sent out and reprogrammed due to the camshaft i have in my truck. It runs poorly but i think your tuner will be better because i can do the tuning myself. September is when i bracket race the truck and was wondering if it would be close or will be out by august?
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
HEMIFISH2004
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:01 pm
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Man...do you guys actually read?HEMIFISH2004 wrote:august... awsome only a year and a month from the original date
I said sure, it will be ready BY August....I did NOT say it will not be ready until August....jeez.
I'm getting to the point where I dont even want to look into this thread...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
- fordomatic69
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:12 pm
Hey Mike... here's a novel idea... why don't you close this thread down so you can concentrate on finishing the DR predator? You don't have to delete it, just close it. I thought the forum rules specifically state not to flame or insult other members? Being an I.T. guy and having to support a bunch of snivelling users for the past 20 years has taught me to no longer put up with the crap.... mouth off at me and you'll never get on to the system... you might even find your credit card has been cancelled BWAAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAA!!!
You guys at DiabloSport don't need the B.S. Think happy thoughts and concentrate on the big prize 
Fordomatic Says:
"I've heard of Vaporware... but I've never actually seen it"
http://www.twincamlubricants.com - For all your synthetic lubricant needs. Order Online and save over retail.
"I've heard of Vaporware... but I've never actually seen it"
http://www.twincamlubricants.com - For all your synthetic lubricant needs. Order Online and save over retail.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Fortunately, nobody is relying on ME to get this project done, so its not slowing anyone down.fordomatic69 wrote:Hey Mike... here's a novel idea... why don't you close this thread down so you can concentrate on finishing the DR predator? You don't have to delete it, just close it. I thought the forum rules specifically state not to flame or insult other members? Being an I.T. guy and having to support a bunch of snivelling users for the past 20 years has taught me to no longer put up with the crap.... mouth off at me and you'll never get on to the system... you might even find your credit card has been cancelled BWAAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAA!!!You guys at DiabloSport don't need the B.S. Think happy thoughts and concentrate on the big prize
I dont want to close the thread though since it caused alot of issues last time...
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Thanks Alot! I have been doing some reading and i will get a custom tune. Can the user add or subtract fuel at idle with this tuner? (dr tuner)mikel wrote:I feel very confident saying it will be ready by August, but even then, you will need a custom tune for that cam.ssiek wrote:Do you think it will be out by august 08? I was just wondering, i was thinking of having my computer sent out and reprogrammed due to the camshaft i have in my truck. It runs poorly but i think your tuner will be better because i can do the tuning myself. September is when i bracket race the truck and was wondering if it would be close or will be out by august?
Thanks
How about timing at idle, is that adjustable?
Thanks Steve
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Idle fueling would need to be done in a custom tune.
Thanks
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]