2014 Silverado 5.3 with 3.08 gears

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
Yzkiley
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:30 pm

2014 Silverado 5.3 with 3.08 gears

Post by Yzkiley »

Hi All

I am effing frustrated with this trinity 1000 programmer from Diablo Sports. I started off by updating software and files for the programmer. Installed 87 canned tune with firm shift. I set DOD=off, speed limiter=off, set tire size and axle ratio, turned TM=On. I go for a drive and shifts 1-2=good, shifts 2-3 bangs real hard like somethings gonna break, shifts 3-4 bangs just as bad as 2-3, shifts 4-5 bang not as bad and 5-6 not to bad but still bangs. Now under part throttle all is good except 5-6 bang. Now here's the fun begins I went back into programmer and went to modify stock tune and left everything normal. Pretty much the same issues as above. Okay I say this isn't good and went back to original backup and reflashed the truck. I went for a drive and everything was back to stock. No banging at all under WOT. I figure okay lets reflash the 87 tune. I set everything as stated above except went with modify stock tune on the Transmission. I didn't change anything in the transmission settings and reflashed the truck and guess what? Effing banging again when shifting WOT. Okay gurus what the hell is going on here, I paid $800 for this programmer and my truck shifts like crap. I would be okay using 87 canned tune for the engine but would like stock TCM. I don't see any stock TCM just modify stock TCM so at this point I cant even use the 87 canned engine to just shut off DOD, speed limiter and adjust tire size without my truck banging thru the gears. I am going back to stock original until someone can sort this out as I don't feel like ruining my transmission. It also appears that this is an issue with other trucks as I have searched this entire forum and the internet. Can I please get some help with this issue or I will be sending this programmer back :normal: . Thanks
Yzkiley
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: 2014 Silverado 5.3 with 3.08 gears

Post by Yzkiley »

Okay, I figured out something that works on my own. I went back into the programmer and this time I picked modify stock tune instead of canned 87 tune. I set DOD=off, set axle and tires, turned speed limit off, I also picked modify stock transmission and left everything normal. I am happy to report that my truck is shifting normal again and the other settings that I care about the most are working.

I would have to say that some serious work by Diablo needs to be done on the canned 87 tune with stock tcm, firm shifts and hard shifts. Something just isn't right with this tune when shifting under WOT. I will also say that this has been an issue for sometime according to the posts I have read. TCM help anybody, Ahem...Can we get some sort of timeline when these issues will be fixed for the new Silverado trucks so that we may start enjoying the canned 87 tune?

Thanks,
Yzkiley
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: 2014 Silverado 5.3 with 3.08 gears

Post by Yzkiley »

Okay. I have played with the settings some more. I added 10% throttle boost to the stock tune and I am pretty happy with the trucks performance. Shifts are good and throttle response is so much better than the factory tune. However I am not able to use the 87 canned tune as it will shift way to hard for my liking with any of the TCM tunes. Not sure why the truck literally bangs gears with any of the TCM tunes when the 87 canned tune is loaded. I tried lowering shift pressure to the lowest setting on all shifts. No way to get rid of the severe banging on WOT. I will stay set up on modify stock tune and TCM until someone can figure this out.
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: 2014 Silverado 5.3 with 3.08 gears

Post by 06MonteSS »

because in the preset tunes, the throttle boost setting is jacked way up... that's what makes it shift harder like that.. and I don't think you can lower the throttle boost, only increase it via the tool.. not sure, as I've never used it myself via the tool, I always just set it at 10% in my custom tuning for people...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Yzkiley
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:30 pm

Re: 2014 Silverado 5.3 with 3.08 gears

Post by Yzkiley »

okay that explains some of it but If I use the preset tunes at 0 for throttle boost it should be the same as modify stock tune with 10% throttle boost. Regardless what I am saying is that when I used preset 87 tune and any of the tcm's my truck bangs the gears pretty hard at wot. It literally feels like something is gonna break. A firm shift is just that a nice solid shift not a thud or bang. I have the truck on modify stock tune and TCM with 10% throttle boost and no banging or thudding at wot.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2014 Silverado 5.3 with 3.08 gears

Post by mikel »

post the tunes.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Dabutter26
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:03 am

Re: 2014 Silverado 5.3 with 3.08 gears

Post by Dabutter26 »

I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado 5.3 how do I add tunes to the machine it has two but is there more to be added thank you Alan
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: 2014 Silverado 5.3 with 3.08 gears

Post by 06MonteSS »

Dabutter26 wrote:I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado 5.3 how do I add tunes to the machine it has two but is there more to be added thank you Alan
it comes with preset preloaded tunes for 87 octane, Diablo Tune (the 91+ octane tune), MPG Booster tune, and Modify Stock tune...

there are no other tunes to add, unless you need/want to purchase a custom tune... if you want a custom tune, check out www.diablewtune.com
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Dabutter26
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:03 am

Re: 2014 Silverado 5.3 with 3.08 gears

Post by Dabutter26 »

Ok also I registered my device on the website how do I obtain the newest updates for the trinity t1000
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: 2014 Silverado 5.3 with 3.08 gears

Post by 06MonteSS »

need to install and run the DSDownloader program.. as long as you have not installed any tunes to your vehicle yet, the dsdownloader will automatically download and install all the latest updates to the trinity when you run it..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Dabutter26
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:03 am

Re: 2014 Silverado 5.3 with 3.08 gears

Post by Dabutter26 »

I'm having issues with my outside temp gauge it's stuck at 32 f after install
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: 2014 Silverado 5.3 with 3.08 gears

Post by 06MonteSS »

normal quirk.. it will relearn itself after a few drive cycles...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity GM Gas”