Diablosport: Resolution options for gauges, please.

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
ricks
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Diablosport: Resolution options for gauges, please.

Post by ricks »

Diablosport,

Please consider giving us the option to change the resolution of the gauges in the next software update on the Trinity.

Please give us the option to choose 0, 1, or 2 decimal places on each gauge.

Example:
I am reading AFR on my Trinity via another device. The AFR gauge on the Trinity reads in hundredths (0.00).
On a Dodge, the AFR reading constantly bounces up and down from 14.50 (ish) to 14.89 (ish): .55, .67, .73, .68, .59, etc.
While glancing at the gauge while driving, having the double digits always changing is harder to read and "grasp" than if the gauge only displayed down to tenths (.0).

The device that I have feeding the Trinity only displays in tenths and it is much easier to read, comprehend, and grasp the 14.6, 14.7, 14.8, 14.7 changes. It is also much easier to understand when I'm in boost: 11.2, 11.4 is easier to comprehend at a glance than 11.28, 11.44, 11.63, etc.

There is no need for me to know the AFR down to hundredths, and having it only display to tenths, would make the gauge operation look smoother, and display a number that I can easily "get."


The Boost gauge gauge reads in hundredths. When I am hard on the pedal, in boost, and glance at the Boost value, again, it would be easier to "grasp" if it only went down to tenths. Again, there is no need (for me) for it to read in hundredths. I run between 4 - 9 psi of boost.

The IAT gauge and the ECT gauges read in tenths. I would like to have the option to change these to whole numbers only.

I know it is not a big deal, but I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to add giving us the option to change the resolution of each gauge. It would make reading the gauges while driving easier to me.

Sincerely,
Rick

Image
Rick
2009 Challenger SRT
Kenne Bell 2.8LC Supercharger
DiabloMatt
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:19 am

Re: Diablosport: Resolution options for gauges, please.

Post by DiabloMatt »

hmmmm.. let me ask some people and see how much would be involved in doing this. 8)
ricks
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Re: Diablosport: Resolution options for gauges, please.

Post by ricks »

Thanks for considering it Matt. This picture shows the LM-2 that feeds the AFR to the Trinity. This is before I connected them, and then moved the LM-2 to my glove box.

You can see how much easier it is to read, grasp, and understand the reading when it is only down to tenths. This "quick glance - I got it!) is important when I'm playing in boost, concentrating on the road, but I want to quick check my AFR.

Image
Rick
2009 Challenger SRT
Kenne Bell 2.8LC Supercharger
prattvan
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 7:55 am

Re: Diablosport: Resolution options for gauges, please.

Post by prattvan »

I sent you a PM.
ricks
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Re: Diablosport: Resolution options for gauges, please.

Post by ricks »

prattvan wrote:I sent you a PM.
Me? I don't see it.
Rick
2009 Challenger SRT
Kenne Bell 2.8LC Supercharger
prattvan
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 7:55 am

Re: Diablosport: Resolution options for gauges, please.

Post by prattvan »

ricks wrote:
prattvan wrote:I sent you a PM.
Me? I don't see it.
I try to send again
ricks
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Re: Diablosport: Resolution options for gauges, please.

Post by ricks »

Hi Guys,

I recently went to version 13k, and see that this option has not been added yet.

Have you given any more thought to giving us this feature: To change the resolution of each gauge display? Or, at least, the option to change it on the gauges that I've mentioned.

Sincerely,
Rick
Rick
2009 Challenger SRT
Kenne Bell 2.8LC Supercharger
Post Reply

Return to “General Trinity”