F-7090 Delta Chip B - HELP!

DeltaChip Support

Moderator: mikel

talan6

F-7090 Delta Chip B - HELP!

Post by talan6 »

Hello, many years ago I purchased through RWTD out of Mobile, AL what is labeled a "Dealer Kit" through A James Parker, AKA Bubba, at least if I'm remembering correctly?

Long story short if memory serves me right I paid James about 5-6 hundred for the kit and bought several Delta Chips burning one for myself and selling the others, also some other items through RWTD at that time.

The little metal box has # 1041 hand written on the bottom and says "Web-ready-tick-counting-read-write-machine" on the top. It connects to an LPT printer port with a printer cable which came with it.

Now my questions are:

1) Is this box still supported by Diablo Sport ? If so how can I access info concerning new tunes?
I have a file of tunes for my Ford F150 Lightning which James Parker developed I believe with the help of a friend Ivan Cash.

2) While I am not 100% certain, as its been eons since I last fooled with this machine, however I believe from the files I have that my flip chip has these two tunes presently burned to it:

1) abu2bfb14.cry for 4-6# pulley 14 degrees timing good winter and everyday file No line pressure.
2) abu2bfb15.cry for 4-6# pulley 15 degrees timing good everyday file, listen for pinging No line pressure.

There is also a Diablo Sport contact listed: Nick 1-800-531-5484

I still drive my 2002 L and it has several mods with only 55k on the clock but I just went to Bassani mid pipes with high flow cats and seem to have lost a good deal of low in torque?

I also have the Hellion scan tool.

What would be my best avenue of approach, is the tool worthless now as its been rarely used and not since 2003-04.

Here is a list of most of the mods done to my Lightning.

1 Cold air intake with 12inch High Flow S&B Air Filter.
2 Accufab Single Blade TB
3 C&L Inlet Pipes
4 C&L upper plenum
5 6# lower pulley
6 Bassani short tube headers
7 Bassini Mid pipes w/ high flow cats
8 Bassini cat back
9 Cal trac bars
10 Lowered 4" in rear
11 Modified valve body for 4-100 trans
12 Oversized pan on trans
13 JDM electric fan & Cobra pump.
14 Denso plugs
15 Accel coil packs
16 100mm idlers
17 Gator back belts

I thank you for reading this and also for any suggestions / help.
I am retired and disabled Vietnam vet who loves his "L"
mikel

Re: F-7090 Delta Chip B - HELP!

Post by mikel »

talan6 wrote:Hello, many years ago I purchased through RWTD out of Mobile, AL what is labeled a "Dealer Kit" through A James Parker, AKA Bubba, at least if I'm remembering correctly?

Long story short if memory serves me right I paid James about 5-6 hundred for the kit and bought several Delta Chips burning one for myself and selling the others, also some other items through RWTD at that time.

The little metal box has # 1041 hand written on the bottom and says "Web-ready-tick-counting-read-write-machine" on the top. It connects to an LPT printer port with a printer cable which came with it.

Now my questions are:

1) Is this box still supported by Diablo Sport ? If so how can I access info concerning new tunes?
I have a file of tunes for my Ford F150 Lightning which James Parker developed I believe with the help of a friend Ivan Cash.

2) While I am not 100% certain, as its been eons since I last fooled with this machine, however I believe from the files I have that my flip chip has these two tunes presently burned to it:

1) abu2bfb14.cry for 4-6# pulley 14 degrees timing good winter and everyday file No line pressure.
2) abu2bfb15.cry for 4-6# pulley 15 degrees timing good everyday file, listen for pinging No line pressure.

There is also a Diablo Sport contact listed: Nick 1-800-531-5484

I still drive my 2002 L and it has several mods with only 55k on the clock but I just went to Bassani mid pipes with high flow cats and seem to have lost a good deal of low in torque?

I also have the Hellion scan tool.

What would be my best avenue of approach, is the tool worthless now as its been rarely used and not since 2003-04.

Here is a list of most of the mods done to my Lightning.

1) Cold air intake with 12inch High Flow S&B Air Filter.
2) Accufab Single Blade TB
3) C&L Inlet Pipes
4) C&L upper plenum
5) 6# lower pulley
6) Bassani short tube headers
7) Bassini Mid pipes w/ high flow cats
8) Bassini cat back
9) Cal trac bars
10 Lowered 4" in rear
11) Modified valve body for 4-100 trans
12) Oversized pan on trans
13) JDM electric fan & Cobra pump.
14) Denso plugs
15) Accel coil packs
16) 100mm idlers
17) Gator back belts

I thank you for reading this and also for any suggestions / help.
I am retired and disabled Vietnam vet who loves his "L"
1. No...not for many years.
2. Id strongly consider ditching the chip and look into a newer programmer like the i2020 model.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
talan6

Post by talan6 »

Mike...thank you for the quick reply.

Not really what I had hoped to hear.

This James Parker really left me hanging so it seems.

Is there any trade in value as its like new.

Used maybe 3-4 times tops.

I take it that my Delta Chip is also worthless?

Tony
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yeah, I have been here almost 10 years and these were out of production when I started, there is no trade in option for the old chips or burner unfortunately.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com