Unknown PCM, no easy tunes and freezes at adv. tune 16 SONIC

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Post Reply
SpartanM39
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 11:47 am

Unknown PCM, no easy tunes and freezes at adv. tune 16 SONIC

Post by SpartanM39 »

Hello I recently purchased the I2030.
I ran the exporting process' and it asked me to send my unknown PCM to an email address.
It won't let me advanced tune, gets frozen at Please wait.
What was the email I was supposed to send the file to and should this stop me from using advanced tune, not to mention a complete lack of easy tune. What's my next step?
Thanks! :punisher:
SpartanM39
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 11:47 am

Re: Unknown PCM, no easy tunes and freezes at adv. tune 16 S

Post by SpartanM39 »

PCM__UnknownBackup.grg
Also I did fully update the I2 unit through my computer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SpartanM39
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 11:47 am

Re: Unknown PCM, no easy tunes and freezes at adv. tune 16 S

Post by SpartanM39 »

I contacted support and was answered by Daniel. I was told my car was not supported, and after further probing I was told he would send my PCM to engineering, but that it may take months before you can support my vehicle. Extremely disappointed, will be returning my tuner. :crashing:
SpartanM39
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 11:47 am

Re: Unknown PCM, no easy tunes and freezes at adv. tune 16 S

Post by SpartanM39 »

I am not disappointed in the product so much as I am disappointed in who you have chosen to be technical support. Daniel was rude, and from what I read on amazon it sounds like I'm not the only person who thinks so. I was very excited for this product and wouldn't be upset if Customer Support, aka Daniel Gorman, wouldn't have been such a joke.
I guess it's a good thing I live in Michigan between two gm plants, cadillac and camaro. I shouldn't have any shortage of help or ear to listen.
SpartanM39
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 11:47 am

Re: Unknown PCM, no easy tunes and freezes at adv. tune 16 S

Post by SpartanM39 »

I'm hoping someone like MikeL who I've seen crack some of these simple cases among the forums responds. I understand the technical aspect of writing the code, I just want to know someone is on the short path to a solution, otherwise I will be shipping the tuner back on May 28th.
User avatar
Vas@Diablosport
Posts: 1079
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Unknown PCM, no easy tunes and freezes at adv. tune 16 S

Post by Vas@Diablosport »

Did you get that unsupported backup file as well as the info.xml file over to the tech guys yet? not sure why it would take months unless its a super oddball calibration. in some cases they get calibrations added in a few days, few weeks tops. This car is still very new and i know its tough for them to add all calibrations right away as these calibration numbers change to brand new calibrations almost every dealer visit, but if they have those two files, i have faith you'll be supported sooner than "months"
No, i don't work here.
Post Reply

Return to “i2/i3 for GM vehicles”