I need tech support for tow tune!
Moderator: sohfast94
I need tech support for tow tune!
This is very frustrating. It seems to be impossible to get support. Can someone please help me understand why the TOW TUNE is no longer available on my I2? This was one of the reasons I bought / was sold this item. It used to be on the menu and now it's gone. How do I get it back or set the tuner for towing use? I cannot get any answers no matter how I try and I would love some help please. If the TOW TUNE is gone, why? Also how do I set up my program now to benefit my towing needs. 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 with 5.7 Hemi. I'm at the point now where I will be requesting to return the tuner as I cannot get the answers I need. Very Frustrating. 
-
awdanthony
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:02 pm
Re: I need tech support for tow tune!
Want to trade? My programmer automatically loads the tow tune no matter what tune I actually select.
Re: I need tech support for tow tune!
Mine did that too and the only way to fix it is to go into the advanced options and select the tune in there. The issue went away on my last update though,.. along with the tow tune. #regretbuyingthisthing
-
awdanthony
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:02 pm
Re: I need tech support for tow tune!
I guess later today, I will try to do the advanced tune. I really only needed to change tire size which finally works for me. I have had this programmer since October 2015 and it just now this month allows me to change tire size. I decided to fill up with premium for fun and to see how my truck performed. I never had an issue with my Bullydog on my Nissan.
-
SpartanM39
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 11:47 am
Re: I need tech support for tow tune!
I wouldn't count on their email or phone number for support. Spoke with Daniel, he was very rude by email.
Re: I need tech support for tow tune!
I finally got a reply from him as well. I didn't like his answer either. He was not helpful or knowledgeable on the tuners history. He told me 2014 Ram Tuner never had a Tow Tune. Does he know what he's talking about? Nope. Finally found it on my own. It was removed from easy tunes and now only exists in advanced. Menu change I can handle. Lack of support or product knowledge is inexcusable. They really need to step up their game and support their product. It's BS that I was told things it could do and it clearly can't. (Like transmission tuning) Nice to find this out after they have my money. No replies on being able to return. They don't bother to answer those. Very sad, I feel like an idiot for trusting them and buying this on false promising of support and ability. I guess I will just have to share my feelings with anyone who will listen warning them of the lousy customer support and poor product.
- Vas@Diablosport
- Posts: 1079
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:17 am
Re: I need tech support for tow tune!
So you guys, with gas trucks specifically, had or have a tune called "tow tune"? if so, what are the affects when installed? does it feel, or shift differently?
Now before you guys get upset, i havent worked for Diablosport since December, and im not working for them now, so im asking sincerely as i'm not up on inside knowledge other than tech possibly being a little understaffed.
Reason i ask is because before leaving in December, i had worked with them for 8 years and have never known them to create tow specific tunes for gas trucks, plus, i just looked at the listed features for Ram trucks on the I2 page and a Tow tune isn't listed. this could've been a failed implementation after i left, but idunno...
see for yourselves: http://www.diablosport.com/shop/diablos ... ysler.html
For what its worth though, you can tow in any of the octane tunes and it will still be an improvement over towing with the stock tune, plus no negative affects, provided youre using the proper octane level for your tune.
If you guys could post your info.xml files, whether you DO, or DO NOT have "tow tune" as an option, and in what menu it is located (easy, advanced, both..), i'm positive it'll help them narrow this down and either resolve the issue or offer a better explanation.
Now before you guys get upset, i havent worked for Diablosport since December, and im not working for them now, so im asking sincerely as i'm not up on inside knowledge other than tech possibly being a little understaffed.
Reason i ask is because before leaving in December, i had worked with them for 8 years and have never known them to create tow specific tunes for gas trucks, plus, i just looked at the listed features for Ram trucks on the I2 page and a Tow tune isn't listed. this could've been a failed implementation after i left, but idunno...
see for yourselves: http://www.diablosport.com/shop/diablos ... ysler.html
For what its worth though, you can tow in any of the octane tunes and it will still be an improvement over towing with the stock tune, plus no negative affects, provided youre using the proper octane level for your tune.
If you guys could post your info.xml files, whether you DO, or DO NOT have "tow tune" as an option, and in what menu it is located (easy, advanced, both..), i'm positive it'll help them narrow this down and either resolve the issue or offer a better explanation.
No, i don't work here.
Re: I need tech support for tow tune!
Wow, thanks for the response and interest in our issues. It's a pleasure to have someone respond in a respectful and helpful manor. I loaded the Tow Tune today as I'm leaving tomorrow for a camping trip. The tow tune is located in the advanced menu. It used to be in both advanced and easy tune. I have not used it as tomorrow will be my first time with the tuner on the new trailer. I bought the tuner about 4 months ago in preparation for the camping season. As you may be aware so many people loading an Octane tune in easy tune would have the tow tune load in its place. This was a bug many of us had. The way we were advised to get around this is to load the Octane tune from the advance menu and the right tune would load. I to had the issue of selecting 87 Octane and the tow tune loaded. Many posts on this. Being told today that no tow tune exists boggles my mind from tech support who told everyone how to get around their bug with the tow tune. I will let you know how it works when I return from my trip. It's obvious he doesn't know what he is talking about. At least I found it and figured it out even when he says it is not offered. BTW, I was told when I bought the tuner I could adjust the transmission settings and this is not possible. Daniel is right about that. lol BTW, Disappointed I never was told I had to pay $150.00 + to buy tunes when Diablo should have better ones available.
Here is Daniels email to me.
-------
We do not offer a tow tune for the 2014 Ram. We currently do not support the 8 speed transmission and we do not have a release date planned at this time. All of our tunes are preloaded in the device and you will see an increase in power and performance with any of our preloaded tunes. If you are looking for a custom tune you would need to contact one of our cmr dealers that have our custom tuning software. I would recommended http://www.hemifevertuning.com
Daniel Gomberg
Tech Support
Phone: (561)-908-0040
Fax: (561) 431-0429
-------
This is my info
Part Number: i2010
Software Revision: 2r01e
I will attach the info file you asked for.
Thanks for trying to help. I wish their tech support would do the same for so many of us frustrated customers. We are not all tuner experts and should not be expected to figure everything out on our own.
Here is Daniels email to me.
-------
We do not offer a tow tune for the 2014 Ram. We currently do not support the 8 speed transmission and we do not have a release date planned at this time. All of our tunes are preloaded in the device and you will see an increase in power and performance with any of our preloaded tunes. If you are looking for a custom tune you would need to contact one of our cmr dealers that have our custom tuning software. I would recommended http://www.hemifevertuning.com
Daniel Gomberg
Tech Support
Phone: (561)-908-0040
Fax: (561) 431-0429
-------
This is my info
Part Number: i2010
Software Revision: 2r01e
I will attach the info file you asked for.
Thanks for trying to help. I wish their tech support would do the same for so many of us frustrated customers. We are not all tuner experts and should not be expected to figure everything out on our own.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Vas@Diablosport
- Posts: 1079
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:17 am
Re: I need tech support for tow tune!
Yeah, I'm not really sure what to say about that since I've not known them to make tow tunes for gas jobbers. It's possible it was just a labeling mistake or something Daniel wasn't aware of. Hell, I could be wrong too. I can tell you that if the person you asked about trans control when purchasing the tool in the first place didn't know you had an 8 speed trans, I can see how it could've been overlooked, not acceptable, but still.ssrambox wrote:Wow, thanks for the response and interest in our issues. It's a pleasure to have someone respond in a respectful and helpful manor. I loaded the Tow Tune today as I'm leaving tomorrow for a camping trip. The tow tune is located in the advanced menu. It used to be in both advanced and easy tune. I have not used it as tomorrow will be my first time with the tuner on the new trailer. I bought the tuner about 4 months ago in preparation for the camping season. As you may be aware so many people loading an Octane tune in easy tune would have the tow tune load in its place. This was a bug many of us had. The way we were advised to get around this is to load the Octane tune from the advance menu and the right tune would load. I to had the issue of selecting 87 Octane and the tow tune loaded. Many posts on this. Being told today that no tow tune exists boggles my mind from tech support who told everyone how to get around their bug with the tow tune. I will let you know how it works when I return from my trip. It's obvious he doesn't know what he is talking about. At least I found it and figured it out even when he says it is not offered. BTW, I was told when I bought the tuner I could adjust the transmission settings and this is not possible. Daniel is right about that. lol BTW, Disappointed I never was told I had to pay $150.00 + to buy tunes when Diablo should have better ones available.
Here is Daniels email to me.
-------
We do not offer a tow tune for the 2014 Ram. We currently do not support the 8 speed transmission and we do not have a release date planned at this time. All of our tunes are preloaded in the device and you will see an increase in power and performance with any of our preloaded tunes. If you are looking for a custom tune you would need to contact one of our cmr dealers that have our custom tuning software. I would recommended http://www.hemifevertuning.com
Daniel Gomberg
Tech Support
Phone: (561)-908-0040
Fax: (561) 431-0429
-------
This is my info
Part Number: i2010
Software Revision: 2r01e
I will attach the info file you asked for.
Thanks for trying to help. I wish their tech support would do the same for so many of us frustrated customers. We are not all tuner experts and should not be expected to figure everything out on our own.
I'm gonna give you my opinion, take it or leave it, install an octane tune, whichever one, just make sure of what you put in the tank, select your tire size or any other options you really feel that you should adjust, and enjoy it. A "tow tune" on a gas truck can NOT be much different, if at all, especially if it cant adjust trans shift patterns.
I guess what I'm sayin is I can understand the frustration in trying to find a tow tune, but it's really not necessary either way. It's kinda like if I tried to give ya 2 carrots, but called the 2nd one a cauliflower, so you refuse to take the 2nd one since you only wanted carrots.
and on the custom tune thing? you only need one if you have internal engine work, forced induction or nitrous. not even sure why that was suggested by him..
No, i don't work here.
Re: I need tech support for tow tune!
Hello, You know I wish you worked for them still. I except and appreciate your reply. I'm reasonable and what you say makes sense. I will try and make the best of it with some new understanding. The tranny thing is disappointing as I really think the Ram could benefit from an adjustment from stock. Oh well maybe some day it will happen. I get your point with the Octane tune. I didn't know the custom tunes were for people who had internal work done on their engines. I have 3 Octane tunes, one MPG tune and one tow tune in my menu under advanced. I can and will be happy with that. I guess I needed someone to clarify a few things and actually send an intelligent message to me for my concerns. For this I thank you. Have a great evening.
- Vas@Diablosport
- Posts: 1079
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:17 am
-
awdanthony
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:02 pm
Re: I need tech support for tow tune!
I tried today to update and install an advanced tune for the 91 octane and this damn thing froze up and insisted I reinstall the stock programming. Thank God my truck started afterwards. I'm selling this ASAP.
Re: I need tech support for tow tune!
Vas@Diablosport wrote:Yeah, I'm not really sure what to say about that since I've not known them to make tow tunes for gas jobbers. It's possible it was just a labeling mistake or something Daniel wasn't aware of. Hell, I could be wrong too. I can tell you that if the person you asked about trans control when purchasing the tool in the first place didn't know you had an 8 speed trans, I can see how it could've been overlooked, not acceptable, but still.ssrambox wrote:Wow, thanks for the response and interest in our issues. It's a pleasure to have someone respond in a respectful and helpful manor. I loaded the Tow Tune today as I'm leaving tomorrow for a camping trip. The tow tune is located in the advanced menu. It used to be in both advanced and easy tune. I have not used it as tomorrow will be my first time with the tuner on the new trailer. I bought the tuner about 4 months ago in preparation for the camping season. As you may be aware so many people loading an Octane tune in easy tune would have the tow tune load in its place. This was a bug many of us had. The way we were advised to get around this is to load the Octane tune from the advance menu and the right tune would load. I to had the issue of selecting 87 Octane and the tow tune loaded. Many posts on this. Being told today that no tow tune exists boggles my mind from tech support who told everyone how to get around their bug with the tow tune. I will let you know how it works when I return from my trip. It's obvious he doesn't know what he is talking about. At least I found it and figured it out even when he says it is not offered. BTW, I was told when I bought the tuner I could adjust the transmission settings and this is not possible. Daniel is right about that. lol BTW, Disappointed I never was told I had to pay $150.00 + to buy tunes when Diablo should have better ones available.
Here is Daniels email to me.
-------
We do not offer a tow tune for the 2014 Ram. We currently do not support the 8 speed transmission and we do not have a release date planned at this time. All of our tunes are preloaded in the device and you will see an increase in power and performance with any of our preloaded tunes. If you are looking for a custom tune you would need to contact one of our cmr dealers that have our custom tuning software. I would recommended http://www.hemifevertuning.com
Daniel Gomberg
Tech Support
Phone: (561)-908-0040
Fax: (561) 431-0429
-------
This is my info
Part Number: i2010
Software Revision: 2r01e
I will attach the info file you asked for.
Thanks for trying to help. I wish their tech support would do the same for so many of us frustrated customers. We are not all tuner experts and should not be expected to figure everything out on our own.
I'm gonna give you my opinion, take it or leave it, install an octane tune, whichever one, just make sure of what you put in the tank, select your tire size or any other options you really feel that you should adjust, and enjoy it. A "tow tune" on a gas truck can NOT be much different, if at all, especially if it cant adjust trans shift patterns.
I guess what I'm sayin is I can understand the frustration in trying to find a tow tune, but it's really not necessary either way. It's kinda like if I tried to give ya 2 carrots, but called the 2nd one a cauliflower, so you refuse to take the 2nd one since you only wanted carrots.
and on the custom tune thing? you only need one if you have internal engine work, forced induction or nitrous. not even sure why that was suggested by him..
1. possible solution, does your truck have the tow haul button? that feature changes the shift points both in upshifts( stays in gear longer) and for engine braking, still no changes in upshifts in regard to changing the WOT RPM. You can however use the shift buttons on a stock truck and it will rev to 5900/6k before you hit the rev limiter, at which point it will bounce off of it ..no limp mode. So you could effectively shift at 5800 with the buttons. That's without the tuner. with a tuner you can raise the rev limit to about 6300, but you wont want to with a stock truck, there is no power out there to be gained.
2. Hemifever's advanced tunes add 10 -15 HP/TQ over the Diablo canned 93 tune and add a lot of drivability and increased response, in a stock truck. . I believe he helped diablo develop the canned tunes. He can tune most anything, and specializes in Rams. That's probably why he was suggested to the OP.
I actually purchased my IT2 from him, his e-mail directions are the best I have worked with, and I have experience with the predator and the trinity.
I have a2014 big horn CC with a CAI, a cat back, and a 180 deg tstat. I drove with the Diablo( I wish they would just label it 93 oct. like they used to) tune for a few weeks before I added Hemifever's custom tune, and it did what it advertised. When I flashed Hemifever's custom tune it really woke the truck up, much more response and drivability. worth every penny to me. I get 16-18 back and forth to work and just completed a 1500 mile round trip where I got 22.5 MPG . His tunes work well with towing, no need to get another tune, although I think he usually supplies you with two different octane tunes of your choice in his package deals.
OP I know your pissed, and I think you should be. Maybe you would consider emailing hemifever, or at least checking him out on line. I think you will find his customer service to be awesome.
Yeah, It would be nice if Daiblo would be more accurate( honest) in the product selection page when it comes to features like transmission tuning for the 8 speed.. I knew there was no tuning for the 8 speed, yet this site indicated there was.
'Yes there is a little teeny tiny disclaimer somewhere , which just pisses me off more.
Re: I need tech support for tow tune!
Mine has a Tow Tune option as well. And when that tune is loaded, the torque is very impressive. That tune is much different than the other tunes.Yeah, I'm not really sure what to say about that since I've not known them to make tow tunes for gas jobbers.