PCM Calibration Update? Tuner will not work now

Post questions/issues related to your inTune-DCX application here.
Hedsic

PCM Calibration Update? Tuner will not work now

Post by Hedsic »

I apologize for making my first post this question since I do see it's a common one. Most posts just have someone on them saying "Did you install the stock tune before going to the dealer?" and nothing else for resolution or just no answer at all so I wasn't able to find anything. I figured I would just ask.

I have a 2013 Challenger R/T and have been using my InTune since March or so just fine. I took the car to get a new rear differential and they flashed my PCM and now my tuner no longer works (Yes I put it back to stock first).. Below is the exact course of action:

Before going to the dealer, I re-installed the stock tune and confirmed that the tuner showed 0/1 license in the information section.

Received the car back from the dealer yesterday and noticed on the work order that they also flashed the PCM

I plugged in the device in to the OBDII port on the car

went to the "write tune", Turned the key to the on position when requested, Received the following message
"PCM Calibration for [VIN] might need an update. Check for Calibration update?"

I select the green check mark and after a second or 2 I get the next message:
"Please unplug this InTune and then connect it to a PC with internet access. You may now unplug the device and connect it to a PC"

I took it and plugged it in to my PC, It auto loaded up the InTune updater. I pressed "Update" and it gives me the following message:
"There are no updates available for at this time"

I attempted this process 4-5 times with the exact same outcome. I have confirmed the Tool Status is listed as:
"Licensed 0/1".

It has 100% been unmarried to the car before I took it to the dealer, so I would assume there should be no problem? Could the dealer have installed something that is blocking me for being able to use the tuner? Just trying to decide if I am completely out of luck or if I can still use this tuner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you so much in advance.

Also, Below are a few screenshots that I hope help diagnosing the issue as well.

Hedsic

Re: PCM Calibration Update? Tuner will not work now

Post by Hedsic »

**sorry, just noticed I had an email from Mike to send my info file over. I didn't see that email before making this post. I will get that info included as soon as I am off work.
greco39

Post by greco39 »

I have the same issue with my 2014 Charger AWD. I also noticed that all of my tunes were gone . Not a big deal since I have them backed up, but I thought that was a little weird. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greco39

Post by greco39 »

Seems to have fixed itself (with all the tunes back in)...strange. Lesson learned; Nothing good comes from the dealer touching your car.
Jmditzler

Post by Jmditzler »

so what did you do to fix it? a dealership flashed mine without permission and now nothing works.
Jmditzler

Post by Jmditzler »

For clarity, no I did not get to return the car to stock because all they were doing was an oil change and I did not expect them to flash the pcm
Jmditzler

Post by Jmditzler »

and I may have accidentally copied somebody else's info.xml file. Today is not my day
Hedsic

Post by Hedsic »

Jmditzler wrote:so what did you do to fix it? a dealership flashed mine without permission and now nothing works.
I reached out to the email on Diablo Sports website and Mike emailed me back. After sending him my info file he was able to do something that got me up and running again. Had me plug the device in and said a download was ready for it and it worked.

As for what caused the actual issue and what they did to fix it, that was not provided to me so I hope I do not have to do this after every dealer visit (Hopefully I don't have any more dealer visits).

I guess I know the cause, the dealer updated my PCM. But I did revert it back to stock prior like I'm supposed to so I'm not sure what happened.

I would recommend reaching out to a moderator here or the email on Diablos website, provide them the info file and photo/scan copies of the work order from the dealer. Sounds like in your case, the tuner is still locked but cannot download the stock tune so it's acting as though it's locked to another car.