Knock problem

The DiabloSport Lounge

Moderator: mikel

livewireblanco

Knock problem

Post by livewireblanco »

So I'm currently getting a custom tune by Johan and we have a knock problem. I'm logging a 4 on short term knock at WOT. I've been running Chevron 91 octane and he said the Techron may be the cause. So I'm going to try some other gas and log that.

Here's my dilemma, Shell 91 octane is 60 cents a gallon more than Chevron 91 and Alon 91. I haven't logged Alon 91 yet but I'm hoping someone can tell me they have had good luck with it because 60 cents more for the same octane is crazy. These are the only name brands I have locally. There is one station here that had 93 octane but it's not a name brand and is 58 cents higher than the Chevron 91 and Alon 91. I'm thinking of trying Alon gas next.

Thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
06MonteSS

Re: Knock problem

Post by 06MonteSS »

Make sure you are using GOOD gas, it makes a difference... mobil, exxon, sunoco, amoco, bp, chevron are best brands to use, with mobil and exxon being the best..

NEVER use Shell, costco/bj's, mom-n-pop, or no-name brands, as it's crap gas that tends to cause a lot of knock retard and less performance/mpg...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
livewireblanco

Re: Knock problem

Post by livewireblanco »

I'm using Chevron and he suggested I try Shell...