2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Post Reply
TNPete
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:35 pm

2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by TNPete »

Hello,

New to the forums and to Tuning, but I'm a software engineer and NOT new to computers...
1st, yes I'd rather have a hemi, but got this car insanely cheap, too cheap to pass up...

Bought the iTune2 and the programmable PCM direct from Diablosport, and I always do updates on the computer before trying to do an update on the car..
Let me start by saying that I'm a very HAPPY customer, this little box really brings the 3.6 to life!

Of course first just did the Easy Tune, put in the 93 octane tune and noticed a HUGE difference right off the bat.
But I wanted to disable Traction Control so I don't have to hold down the button every time I start the car.
Note that I have NO problem turning it off by holding the button on the dash while pressing the start button, so I figured it would be easy for the iTune2 to disable it permanently.
It is NOT...

First as a Software Engineer I have to say your menu system is NOT very easy for a newbee to understand... and none of the manuals have anything about the advanced options or what they do... However being an engineer I think I got it right, or I hope I did... A FULL complete manual would help a LOT... I would never think of releasing software without covering all the possible screens and what each option does...

Basically here is what I want:
I want the 93 Octane Tune PLUS the following:
Traction Control OFF
Throttle Sensitivity bumped up to 15%

That's it... First I went into Advanced Tune, the only option available was "Install Standard Tune", Install Custom and Modify Parameters were grayed out, OK I haven't bought a custom, but I did want to modify a tune... anyway I selected "Install Standard Tune... (only choice I had...)
In there all I had to choose from was "Diablo Tune", "91 octane Tune", "87 Octane tune"and "Modify Stock Tune"... But I want the 93 Octane Tune...
I remember reading in here that "Diablo Tune" WAS the 93 Octane tune (why not just SAY "93 Octane Tune"?), so I selected the "Diablo Tune" and continued....

I then went into "Modify Parameters".
Had no trouble bumping up the Throttle 15%...
But when I tried to "Set Traction Control to Disable", it thought for a second then said "Failed to update Traction Control" - Continue... (At least you don't say "OK" like Microsoft does :) )
I got the same message trying to Enable the Traction Control...
I've tried this multiple times, always get the same result...
When turning the car on, the dash does NOT show it as disabled like it does when I do it manually.

Again this is with the PCM I bought direct from Dialbosport.
And I have NO problem disabling it via the button on the dash, I can set it to "Sport" by pressing it when the car is on, and I can turn it OFF by holding the button during start...
Other than that I'm loving your product!

Thanks,
Pete

PS. Speaking of updates via the computer, when I plug it into my USB and select Settings --> Advanced Options --> Override installed tests (Yes or No) --> Check for updates, it always says that there are updates and do I want to download them. I do so, but if I repeat the process, it STILL says that there are updates. I doubt that there are updates on a Sunday afternoon 10 min apart... should I ever expect it say "Already up to date, check back later"? Or is that just the way it works?
I can do the same thing running inTuneUpdater2.exe from i2/Updater/Windows/ on my PC...
It will always copy updates to the device and tell me that I should be in the disclaimer or main menu and to wait for it finish updating...
I never have any problem installing the update (takes like 3 min), but it never says that it is up to date...
If that's "just the way it works" fine... Just want to check everything is OK with the device.
TNPete
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: 2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by TNPete »

Hello?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by mikel »

TC disable on the 8 speeds doe snot work as expected, and is being fixed. If you want a custom tune you can load that will disable ABS/ESP?TC, post the last tune written from the i2 drive and I'll get you set up.

Please post the info.xml file from the i2 drive so I can sort out why it always asks for updates.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
TNPete
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: 2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by TNPete »

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I would like a tune that disables the traction control.
I noticed you responded to the same question for someone else and gave him a PCM_68139879AE_noTCABSESP.drg file, would that work for me too?
I downloaded it, but hesitate to use it without first checking with you all.

Also attached is the info.xml file from my tuner.
Thanks for checking that everything is OK :)

Pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by mikel »

TNPete wrote:Thanks for the reply!

Yes I would like a tune that disables the traction control.
I noticed you responded to the same question for someone else and gave him a PCM_68139879AE_noTCABSESP.drg file, would that work for me too?
I downloaded it, but hesitate to use it without first checking with you all.

Also attached is the info.xml file from my tuner.
Thanks for checking that everything is OK :)

Pete
No, I need the last tune written from your tool to make you a tune.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
TNPete
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: 2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by TNPete »

Mike,

Thanks, it was only a couple k, so no big deal downloading it, but I wasn't going to try installing it without first hearing from you all first.

I'm at the office now, but I'll post my last tune when I get home tonight THANKS!

FYI, even though it failed trying to disable TC with the inTune, now when I push the TC button while running, it says "Sport" on the dash, but the dash icon for TC OFF comes on...
Like the attached image, does that mean the button is actually turning it OFF now?

Anyway, once you give me a updated tune, it will be a moot point, right?
Looking forward to NOT having to push the button at all! :drivingbad:


Thanks,
Pete

PS. Did my info.xml file look alright?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TNPete
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: 2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by TNPete »

Mike,

Back home now, you want the "xxx_LastTuneWritten.drg" file, right? It's from the \tunes\2C3CDXBG9FH856748\ folder.
Thanks for disabling the TC for me!

I'll also attach my info.xml as well... As I said before, the windows inTuneUpdater2.exe program seems to be working fine, it just always says there are new updates, no matter how many times I run it... It never even lets me click "Check for updates", it just starts downloading files, says they have been copied to the device, then reboots it and runs the update on the device, and then I'm back to the "Do you agree to these terms" screen again... Again if this is how is is supposed to work that's fine, as it appears that everything else is working great!

Also, not sure if this tells you anything or not, but I compared the info.xml file before and after running the updater; and nothing in it changes, except the long string in the <reg reg= xxxx /> section...
Other than that it seems to be working fine...

Thanks for doing this!
Pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TNPete on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TNPete
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: 2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by TNPete »

You know, there is also a config file along with the inTuneUpdater2.exe file called inTuneUpdater2.exe.config.

Again, not sure if it helps you or anything, but here is that file as well.


Thanks,
Pete

PS. Apparently you cannot POST a .config file the forum...
Well it is a XML file anyway, so I will add a .xml to it...
There's more than one way to skin a Forum :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by mikel »

TNPete wrote:You know, there is also a config file along with the inTuneUpdater2.exe file called inTuneUpdater2.exe.config.

Again, not sure if it helps you or anything, but here is that file as well.


Thanks,
Pete

PS. Apparently you cannot POST a .config file the forum...
Well it is a XML file anyway, so I will add a .xml to it...
There's more than one way to skin a Forum :)
Attached is a custom tune that disabled TC/ABS/SP when loaded.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
TNPete
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: 2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by TNPete »

Mike,

The file didn't attach to the post...
Or at least I'm not seeing it...

thx,
Pete
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by mikel »

oops :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
TNPete
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: 2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by TNPete »

No worries, I will give this a go when I get home...

However as AWS S3 just went down nation wide, I may be going home sooner rather than later :)
Kind of brings things to a halt for me... We use AWS for all our servers...

Anyway thanks again buddy, DiabloSport is the BEST!

Pete
(Insert Signature HERE)
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by mikel »

TNPete wrote:No worries, I will give this a go when I get home...

However as AWS S3 just went down nation wide, I may be going home sooner rather than later :)
Kind of brings things to a halt for me... We use AWS for all our servers...

Anyway thanks again buddy, DiabloSport is the BEST!

Pete
(Insert Signature HERE)
I actually just got a fix for this, that should let you disable it in the tool.

Please load this to the i2 drive, let the tool import it then you can disable TC through the quick adjust menu.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
TNPete
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: 2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by TNPete »

Fantastic, Thanks!

So, if I just copy that file to the root folder of the device, it will recognize it is a install file and just run the upgrade automatically? (cool beans...)
Obviously I haven't done anything like that before...

I will try this when I get home.

Also the tune you gave me to disable TC (if I still wanted to do that)...
Do I copy it into the F:\tunes\ folder, or do I put it with my "other" tunes?
My other 2 "tunes" (just the xx_backup.drg and xx_lastTuneWritten.drg) are in F:\tunes\2C3CDXBG9FH856748\ sub folder...

Thanks again,
Pete
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2015 3.6L Charger Traction Control

Post by mikel »

everything goes in the root of the i2 drive, nothing goes in the folders :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Post Reply

Return to “i2/i3 for Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep and Ram”