2017 Silverado 5.3

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
Nsg_89
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:12 am

2017 Silverado 5.3

Post by Nsg_89 »

I have a trinity that came off a 2007 Tahoe it is not married anymore, what do I have to do to tune my 2017 Silverado 5.3 I heard it's different then tuning before due to change in computer is this true? Anything special I have to do? Please information on tuning a 2017 Silverado?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2017 Silverado 5.3

Post by mikel »

update it, go to vehicle and it will ask you to check for one more update.
go back to pc, run dsdl, it will put tool under remote control then return it to main menu, then you can tune the truck.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Nsg_89
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:12 am

Re: 2017 Silverado 5.3

Post by Nsg_89 »

Okay thanks the tune went on worked perfectly I'm curious I believe the truck shifts at 5500-5800 rpms how can I change that and how high can you go without doing any damage? Thanks
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2017 Silverado 5.3

Post by mikel »

6 or 8 speed?

if 8 speed there are no trans options unfortunately.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Nsg_89
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:12 am

Re: 2017 Silverado 5.3

Post by Nsg_89 »

6 speed. And how do I remove rev limiter not speed limiter but rev
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: 2017 Silverado 5.3

Post by 06MonteSS »

you can change the rev limiter in gear/drive.. but you can't change the rev limiter in park/neutral.. that's not a user adjustable parameter.. you'd need to get a custom tune done in order to have the park/neutral rev limiter raised...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Nsg_89
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:12 am

Re: 2017 Silverado 5.3

Post by Nsg_89 »

How high can I set my shift points and rev limit without pushing it
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2017 Silverado 5.3

Post by mikel »

thats between you and GM :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity GM Gas”