I3 Platinum 2008 JK Rubicon problems

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
Post Reply
JEB
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:49 pm

I3 Platinum 2008 JK Rubicon problems

Post by JEB »

Got the new i3 platinum after much debate, appeared like a great thing but now I'm having second thoughts. The idea of optional license for other vehicles sounds great since I have 3 but can't even get first one to work is sure disappointing. Took 14 trips to vehicle and back to computer before the thing even recognized the jeep. All I get is vehicle not supported. Now that's finally resolved and it constantly has write failure and resets to factory backup and reboots. Another 7 trips to computer with updates almost every time will allow a tune but errors if I try to change tire size most of the time. Possibly worked this time but not sure but now no matter what I do the lockers for front and rear no longer work no matter what I do. So let's thing about this for a minute, I might have a accurate speedometer and no toms lite and a better tune if it accepted it but at the cost of not having my lockers, pretty big trade off if you ask me. Guess it too new to work correctly, only time will tell. But I guarantee I won't buy another license unless this thing starts working.
VERY ANNOYED AND DISAPPOINTED WITH PRODUCT
JASON
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58777
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: I3 Platinum 2008 JK Rubicon problems

Post by mikel »

The lockers still work, the feature in the tool allows you to lock them in situations where the factory wont allow it, but I'm sure we can sort this out.
Can you post the info.xml file from the i3 drive here and include the word for word error you get when you try to engage the lockers?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
JEB
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Re: I3 Platinum 2008 JK Rubicon problems

Post by JEB »

here is the file you requested. I don't get any error or code on dash, I just no longer have any lights to tell me if lockers are engaged. Switch does nothing now. and lockers definitely are not engaging.

The tune part is working great, a lot more pep and a huge increase in mileage.

thanks

jason
Attachments
info.xml
(1.95 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58777
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: I3 Platinum 2008 JK Rubicon problems

Post by mikel »

if you restore the stock tune, does the locker switch work?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
JEB
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Re: I3 Platinum 2008 JK Rubicon problems

Post by JEB »

No.

I am thinking about disconnecting the battery and see if it solves it but haven't had time to yet.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58777
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: I3 Platinum 2008 JK Rubicon problems

Post by mikel »

please try that and let me know.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
JEB
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Re: I3 Platinum 2008 JK Rubicon problems

Post by JEB »

unhooked battery, made no difference. tried to install factory tune, read error, then corrupt file error, third time finally installed. still no lockers. unhooked battery again, no difference again, still no lockers. went back to install tune, tuner says read failed and dash reads no bus then 2 seconds later dash reads hotoil and all lights flash and dingers on. next try says not supported vehicle, back into house to hookup to ignition program, 4 more updates. Next attempt try different tune, 91 tune, tuner says tune writing failed, same hotoil on dash and failed. reboot and try again, same failure. Back to house computer, more updates. back to jeep again, diablo tune attempted this time, identicle light and buzzers and crap, back to house. Long story short, 9 trips to computer and finally accepted the diablo tune but still no lockers ! HELP I'M RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS !
JEB
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Re: I3 Platinum 2008 JK Rubicon problems

Post by JEB »

AND YES NO LOCKERS MEANS NO LOCKERS, VERIFIED BY DRIVING IN EDGE OF POND, ALMOST GOT STUCK !
and yes the fuse is good. lol
JEB
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Re: I3 Platinum 2008 JK Rubicon problems

Post by JEB »

Well I guess no ones come up with any ideas. Well I'll just hard wire the lockers which I was gonna do in the future anyway, just hadn't planned to so soon. So I have a little better performance and a little better fuel economy and a correct speedometer and will have to rewire lockers in order to have them work basically for a $300 investment. And to think I was fool enough to invest in the tune for my 06 chevy 5.3 hoping it would work, but nothing works on it either but that's another story for a different forum. Definitely wont be recommending this to anyone !
Post Reply

Return to “General inTune forum”