U7146 r50d Predator
01 Mustang V6 3.8L, with
Demolet CAI
2.25" Magnaflow CAT back true dual exhaust (no X, Y, or H-pipe).
This is technically not a Predator question, but I figured someone out there might know the answer - Does anyone know if the Ford 3.8L V6 is an interference engine? (is there any chance the valves can contact the piston if Cam timing is messed up)?
I am trying to find out what is the safest rpm the unmodified engine can handle, because it feels like it wants to pull quite a bit higher the power curve is still climbing at 5250 rpm, and it feels the torque curve is fairly flat. Except for a straight-6, I havn't seen a Ford cast crank & piston engine that could not handle 6000 rpm.
Thanks
What do you Ford tuners usualy set the max rpm to on a V-6 or V-8 with no internal mods?
Mustang valve timing
Moderator: mikel