Ignition updater wont detect i3

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the Ignition updater software for PC or Mac

Moderator: sohfast94

nickdromez

Ignition updater wont detect i3

Post by nickdromez »

Ok, I deleted my last post because I gave up on my Mac computer. Im using a PC now and was able to install Ignition updater and pinned the program to the task bar. I completely shut down my computer and rebooted it. Now I open the program and plug in the i3 and the nothing happens. The i3 turns on but igniton doesnt open and it says "connect device, please plug in device".

Update
I connected the i3 to my wifi and it did a handful of updates and then asked if i wanted to reboot. I rebooted and it came back to the main screen (tune vehicle, scan tool, settings) and now I'm not sure if its ready or not. Ignition still wont detect i3, and (I think its called the driver) wont show up anywhere on my PC screen.
mikel

Re: Ignition updater wont detect i3

Post by mikel »

Please try installing this driver here:

http://installers.diablosport.com/softw ... er_2.5.exe

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
nickdromez

Post by nickdromez »

That downloads, I get the alert "plug in your trinity now" I dont have the trinity. But I plugged it in anyway. Nothing ends up happening, I open a new folder and I can see i3 and the folders inside of i3 but no program opens up
mikel

Post by mikel »

OK, but you can see the drive called i3 now and couldn't previously?

If so open ignition and it should be able to find the drive now.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
nickdromez

Post by nickdromez »

I see i3 in the folders yea. I open ignition and plug in the i3 and it still doesnt recognize anything.
mikel

Post by mikel »

what do you mean by 'in the folders' exaclty?

is it an external USB drive called I3?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
nickdromez

Post by nickdromez »

sorry, I'm not the most computer savy person. But the i3 doesn't show up anywhere on the desk top. I open a new folder and on the left it says "computer" "local drive" and under those things it will say "i3" and it is showing it as an external drive.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes that is correct.. it shows up as a usb drive.. named i3...

so if you see that main i3 folder/drive, then the tool is being detected fine...

so, once you connect the i3 to your computer, and that i3 drive shows up, then you start up the Ignition updater program, and it will start up (it doesn't start up automatically, you have to start it up).. then it will search for and find your i3 tool after a few seconds or so... and will search for any updates needed.. and will download/install them if needed.. if it's already all up to date, then it will tell you that too.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
nickdromez

Post by nickdromez »

Yeah, that’s what I have been trying and the ignition app never recognizes the i3. It just keeps saying “please connect device”
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

try a different USB port on your computer, and/or a different usb cable..

you could also setup the wifi on the i3 and get updates that way, without using Ignition...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
nickdromez

Post by nickdromez »

06MonteSS wrote:
you could also setup the wifi on the i3 and get updates that way, without using Ignition...
Ok, so I did get it to connect to wifi, and the i3 did go through an update process and and asked me to reboot and it rebooted and came back to the main screen. I didn't want to plug it into my truck until I was certain it would work. So, it should be good since it updated through wifi and not through ignition updater??
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes.. just replied to your email too with same info.. you're good to go man..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune