Trinity 2 Questions? Charger Hellcat

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

SpeedRChaser

Trinity 2 Questions? Charger Hellcat

Post by SpeedRChaser »

Hello all,

So was fortunate enough to receive my new Trinity 2 today! Have to say its a vast improvement over the original trinity which I had in my 2015 Challenger. I now own a 2015 Charger Hellcat and did some research prior to pulling the trigger but so far I have to say I'm glad I did. This is how the Hellcat should have come but that's just my opinion :lol: :lol: However this leads me to a few questions hopefully I can get answered.

# 1: I can't seem to find the boost gauge in the list of options in the gauges. Updated all evening and seems to be doing the loop like others on here have mentioned. No errors and from what I can tell I am updated. I checked all the menus in case it was in a different spot but couldn't find it. However in addition to the boost gauge I feel like my original trinity had more gauges available however could just be me.

# 2: I can't seem to find a way to adjust my fan settings. I have a 180 thermostat and would like the option to adjust those parameters like on the previous model.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks :)
mikel

Re: Trinity 2 Questions? Charger Hellcat

Post by mikel »

1. Please post the serial number and I will target you to the new version that adds a Boost gauge.
2. The cooling fan settings should be under the modify parameter menu, listed as target cooling temp.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
SpeedRChaser

Post by SpeedRChaser »

Thank you Mikel for the prompt response. The device serial number is 201141662 the other number listed on the device is X00011600. I will double check the modify parameters later this evening and see if I can see them.
mikel

Post by mikel »

next time you update go to settings and do the restore default pid option then you can add a boost gauge to the layouts if desired.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
SpeedRChaser

Post by SpeedRChaser »

Awesome that seemed to work. All the correct gauges that are for my vehicle are working as intended.

Only issue I am still trying to figure out is the fan control. I found it under Target Fan temp, however I am only seeing one option under that menu which is "Target Fan on ECT (Cold) Def F". Based off other information and my previous trinity there were 3 options I needed to change which was for the high, med, and low fan settings. This one only gives me 1 parameter to change. So is this the correct menu? and if so what should my default setting be with my 180 thermostat since there is only 1 option to modify?
mikel

Post by mikel »

the newer models no longer use the on/off fan settings, just the desired coolant temp parameter.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
ByrdmanOfDC

Post by ByrdmanOfDC »

since there is only one temp listed on the fan settings, should this just be set to the upper limit, such as 194 for a 180 degree thermostat? Will the remaining temperature ranges be automatically set, or will that be something that needs to be adjusted offline and then loaded into the device?
mikel

Post by mikel »

the temp is a target coolant temp, its the temp the pcm will try to keep the engine at.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com