I currently have the 91 tune installed and I love it. Everything except the shift into second gear. When I'm hard on the gas it shifts perfectly. If I'm just daily driving it, the majority of the time, it's a super hard shift that's very uncomfortable, especially when I have kids in the vehicle. What would you recommend?
Also, I've experienced a lot if issues when trying to install tunes on my avalanche. This is also the first tuner I've used, so there's that. But I would say that probably 2/3's of my installs have failed. I was stuck somewhere one time for an hour because the tunes were failing and it was having trouble reinstalling the factory tune.
A lot of times it would take 2 or 3 tries to get a Diablo tune to install properly. Then I would try to adjust the shift parameters. When I try to load the custom tunes,I would always have issues. It was only on this very last one that the 91 tune took flawlessly, so I left it as is.
I had updated the tuner to the most recent build after some of the original attempts with similar success in loads.
I3 - 2002 avalanche 2500 8.1L 91 octane
Moderator: sohfast94
I3 - 2002 avalanche 2500 8.1L 91 octane
2002 avalanche 2500 8.1L cold air intake, cat back exhaust, I3 tuner, 31.5"general grabbers, 17" XD wheels
Re: I3 - 2002 avalanche 2500 8.1L 91 octane
Anything aftermarket installed in the vehicle? i.e did not come from the factory?
You need to make sure anything aftermarket is disconnected/pull the fuse for - anything like aftermarket stereo, subs, amps, nav, alarm, remote start, seat heaters, trailer brake/light setup, etc.. anything like that, their wiring harnesses need to be disconnected/pull the fuses for it before you try to tune anything...
also make sure everything is turned off inside the truck.. lights, radio, heat/fan/blower, do not operate power windows, put your parking brake on, etc...
You need to make sure anything aftermarket is disconnected/pull the fuse for - anything like aftermarket stereo, subs, amps, nav, alarm, remote start, seat heaters, trailer brake/light setup, etc.. anything like that, their wiring harnesses need to be disconnected/pull the fuses for it before you try to tune anything...
also make sure everything is turned off inside the truck.. lights, radio, heat/fan/blower, do not operate power windows, put your parking brake on, etc...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Re: I3 - 2002 avalanche 2500 8.1L 91 octane
The only aftermarket items I'm aware of are the ones I installed. Cold air intake, exhaust, new plugs and wires. No aftermarket stereo, subs, hell, the back speakers don't even work...
I don't mess with anything while tuning.
There was a brake box at one point...I'll try to see if there's a fuse for that or not. Other than that,I think it's pretty stock.
I don't mess with anything while tuning.
There was a brake box at one point...I'll try to see if there's a fuse for that or not. Other than that,I think it's pretty stock.
2002 avalanche 2500 8.1L cold air intake, cat back exhaust, I3 tuner, 31.5"general grabbers, 17" XD wheels
Re: I3 - 2002 avalanche 2500 8.1L 91 octane
What do you suggest?
2002 avalanche 2500 8.1L cold air intake, cat back exhaust, I3 tuner, 31.5"general grabbers, 17" XD wheels
- mikel
- Posts: 58777
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: I3 - 2002 avalanche 2500 8.1L 91 octane
communication issues here can be the truck itself, especially as they get older.
Make sure it has good voltage etc.
If its shifting too hard, post the tune from the device here and we'll check it out.
Make sure it has good voltage etc.
If its shifting too hard, post the tune from the device here and we'll check it out.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: I3 - 2002 avalanche 2500 8.1L 91 octane
My 8.1l 1-2 is extremely laggy if I'm not gunning it. Have you noticed that when you punch it, the vehicle keeps accelerating on it's own?
- mikel
- Posts: 58777
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: I3 - 2002 avalanche 2500 8.1L 91 octane
post the tunes fromt he tunes folder and we can correct that.Badgasr wrote:My 8.1l 1-2 is extremely laggy if I'm not gunning it. Have you noticed that when you punch it, the vehicle keeps accelerating on it's own?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]