2015 Jeep Jk Lost Comunication with TCM after update

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Sapoo2488

2015 Jeep Jk Lost Comunication with TCM after update

Post by Sapoo2488 »

I just got the Trinity 2 about a week ago and everything had been working fine. However, a couple of days ago I had a ‘calibration’ update. I went ahead and downloaded the update. When it was about half-way through the download I got an error message (‘an unexpected error has occurred’). At the same time that the error message appeared, on the dash I got a ‘hot oil’ message and non-stop beeping. I rebooted the device and that didn’t do anything. I kept getting the ‘an error occurred during the last tune, you need to reset the devoce’ (something along those lines). I did that and the same thing happend over and over. I talked to tech support and we did a registry reset and a force calibration update. I could now tune with the device, however, That did not fix the ‘hot oil’ message and the non-stop beeping. When I started the vehicle it ran really rough, to the point that it died. I checked for codes and I had a U0101 code (lost comunication with tcm). I’ve tried updating the device, pulling the battery cables off for a few hours, fuses, connection, and even put the original factory pcm back on. None of that got rid of the code and the ‘hot oil’ message and beeping. Don’t know what else to do..could I please get some help.
mikel

Re: 2015 Jeep Jk Lost Comunication with TCM after update

Post by mikel »

so tyou can load tunes now but still have the light?
Are there any active codes?
Does the vehicle seem to run/drive properly?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Sapoo2488

Post by Sapoo2488 »

That’s correct. The U0101 code came up when it whas doing the calibration update and now I can’t clear it with anything. I can’t drive the car, it starts but dies sometimes and there is no throttle response.
mikel

Post by mikel »

If its the same with the stock pcm i dont know what it could be.
I think getting it to a dealer at this point is the best action. Let us know what comes of it and we'll work with you.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com