Pulsar left me stranded

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

grinch72

Pulsar left me stranded

Post by grinch72 »

Hi all.

I recently added a Pulsar to my 2019 Ram 1500. For the past 500 miles or so it has been great. Yesterday while driving the dash lit up like a xmas tree and the truck died. Basically left me stranded on the side of road. Vehicle wouldn't start. I thought I was going to have to hav it towed to the dealer so before I did that I called my wife to run over some tools for me so I can revoke the Pulsar. I removed the Pulsar put the truck back together and it started right up and ran great. Now I'm afraid to put the Pulsar back on. Have you or anyone else seen this before?

Thanks!
mikel

Re: Pulsar left me stranded

Post by mikel »

This is not an issue I have seen, especially out of the blue while driving.
Could something have come loose?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
grinch72

Post by grinch72 »

Nothing was loose. Everything was tight and fine. I spoke with your tech support this morning and they want me to put it back on and see what happens and then let them know. I also mentioned to them that some of the online forums have people mentioning the same thing happened to them on their 19 Rams. One of them said they spoke with Edge and they were told is was a software issue??
boomtastic

Post by boomtastic »

I had the exact same issue but my truck didn't die. I was backing into a parking lot and everything started going haywire, throwing errors on the EVIC. The truck got super twitchy and seemed like it wanted to take off. I just shut it down and went into work. When I came out a few hours later it seemed like everything was normal except for a ton of codes to clear, which I will probably do tomorrow.
mikel

Post by mikel »

boomtastic wrote:I had the exact same issue but my truck didn't die. I was backing into a parking lot and everything started going haywire, throwing errors on the EVIC. The truck got super twitchy and seemed like it wanted to take off. I just shut it down and went into work. When I came out a few hours later it seemed like everything was normal except for a ton of codes to clear, which I will probably do tomorrow.
19 Ram 1500? Etorque?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
boomtastic

Post by boomtastic »

2019 Ram, no e-Torque.

Yesterday things went horribly wrong. As I was leaving work, the system spazzed out again. This time though when I stepped on the throttle there was zero response. I could floor it and the truck didn't care. It did want to accelerate on it's own - up to about 56MPH. The only way to control it was to stand on the brakes or to shift to neutral and let it slow down naturally. I pulled over, disconnected the battery, removed the Pulsar, reconnected the battery, cleared the codes and then proceeded to drive for over 4 hours without any incidents. I *did* take some pictures for you which should be helpful. I've got one of the dash showing 4 errors, and then 2 of the scan tool (with TPS error).

At this point I honestly do not feel comfortable putting the Pulsar back into my truck. I can't be put into a position where the truck takes off on it's own and I have no control.
Attachments
scan tool 2
scan tool 2
20190122_142500.jpg (141.62 KiB) Viewed 6876 times
scan tool 1
scan tool 1
20190122_142428.jpg (107.41 KiB) Viewed 6876 times
dash errors
dash errors
20190122_140842.jpg (151.08 KiB) Viewed 6876 times
mikel

Post by mikel »

Understood.
Can you provide me with the VI of the truck so we can check this out?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
boomtastic

Post by boomtastic »

mikel wrote:Understood.
Can you provide me with the VI of the truck so we can check this out?
1C6SRFHT4KN555420

Thanks!
boomtastic

Post by boomtastic »

MikeL - I wanted to let you know that the Pusar is coming back to Powerteq in Ogden via RMA 169422 if you wanted to see it. It should be in the mail on Monday or Tuesday. If you need it to go to someone (or somewhere) specific just let me know and I'll slip a note inside with the return.

Grinch72 - I apologize for hijacking your thread. Hopefully my input was helpful to get the bugs worked out.
mikel

Post by mikel »

thanks, we'll be checking it out for sure.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grinch72

Post by grinch72 »

boomtastic wrote:MikeL - I wanted to let you know that the Pusar is coming back to Powerteq in Ogden via RMA 169422 if you wanted to see it. It should be in the mail on Monday or Tuesday. If you need it to go to someone (or somewhere) specific just let me know and I'll slip a note inside with the return.

Grinch72 - I apologize for hijacking your thread. Hopefully my input was helpful to get the bugs worked out.
No problem. I’ve heard of multiple issues like this so far. I just got my truck back today and am sending back my RMA tomorrow. Hopefully between the two of them they can figure out what’s going on. I also saw today that Ram is recalling 182k 2019 1500’s for a loose electrical ground. I wonder if that could be causing these issues.

-G
mikel

Post by mikel »

I really hope thats not it, as that wont be fun to deal with....
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
boomtastic

Post by boomtastic »

It looks like the ground is for power steering, but honestly it could be for anything. When I worked for Nissan they had a recall for a fuel filler neck, claiming it could not cause the nozzle to shut off. There were multiple levels of inspection, with the worst cases requiring the rear inner quarter panel to be replaced due to rust (which is where the rear seat belt connection was, conveniently ..)
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yeah, the level of 'how bad it can be' never seems to surprise me anymore...
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grinch72

Post by grinch72 »

Mike-

You should have my old one this coming Monday according to the tracking. Since I just got my truck back with the new computer, I'm waiting to hear from you guys what you think. I'm a bit nervous about putting the replacement on and having it go bonkers again. Would you please let us know if you find anything!

Thanks,
-Ryan