Just purchased slp7196 tuner

Discuss Predator 2 for GM vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Lopearedone

Just purchased slp7196 tuner

Post by Lopearedone »

So I just purchased a slp7196 tuner to use on my 99-02 silverado. It was advertised as being never used. I purchased it for $100. When it arrived I watched a couple videos to be able to check it out to make sure I can use it to adjust my shift points and to fix my speedometer due to bigger tires. First thing I notice it's for a camaro firebird when I plugged it in, second it is locked and third the person that had it never flashed the vehicle back to stock. Its software version 2.02, hardware version 1.01. Am I to assume I got screwed and I'm just holding a paperweight?
06MonteSS

Re: Just purchased slp7196 tuner

Post by 06MonteSS »

yep.. you're screwed man... that is VERY VERY VERY old, and was discontinued 10+ years ago... you're SOL... you can't do anything with that thing...

you can trade it in to diablosport for a credit/discount towards the purchase of a new inTune i3 8245 Platinum or Trinity T2 EX 9245 Platinum from them....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Lopearedone

Post by Lopearedone »

That sucks. How can I trade it in? Do they just give you a credit towards a new one? The reason I tried to go this route is bc I dont have $600 to spend on a tuner. Any suggestions?
Last edited by Lopearedone on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes, as I mentioned in my post man... you trade it in, and they will give you a discount on buying a new version programmer from them... Contact tech support tomorrow (Monday) about it... support@diablosport.com
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net