Some basic questions

General Trinity Support

Moderator: mikel

Macgyver

Some basic questions

Post by Macgyver »

The 05-10 Chrysler Gas 1r13k does what exactly versus 1r09c? I don't like to put an update unless there is something worth doing so when nothing is broke.

And why would my original tune backed up be 55kb and the perf cai 91 modified be 5kb? I would think they should be similar in size.

Is there an app to open up these tunes on a PC to compare parameters side by side?
06MonteSS

Re: Some basic questions

Post by 06MonteSS »

because your original backup stock tune file is a full, complete tune file..

the "last tune written" file is smaller because it only contains the differences between your stock tune and the performance tune.. it's not a full tune file..

no, there is no consumer/end-user software that you can use to view the tune files.. you'd need to be a diablosport CMR dealer/tuner in order to purchase the tuning software.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Macgyver

Re: Some basic questions

Post by Macgyver »

06MonteSS wrote:because your original backup stock tune file is a full, complete tune file..

the "last tune written" file is smaller because it only contains the differences between your stock tune and the performance tune.. it's not a full tune file..

no, there is no consumer/end-user software that you can use to view the tune files.. you'd need to be a diablosport CMR dealer/tuner in order to purchase the tuning software.
Thank you.