CANT PASSS EMISSIONS WITH DIABLO TUBE??????

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

saleen0101

CANT PASSS EMISSIONS WITH DIABLO TUBE??????

Post by saleen0101 »

Has anyone passed smog with diablo tune installed on the pcm??

I've had the diablo tune for about 1 year now and no problems. I recently got a new battery and have driven 100 miles or so the PCM can store the drive cycles so I can pass emissions. Well today I went for the third time and eveytime 3 "unready" codes comes up everytime. 02 sensor, 02 sensor heater, and evaporative. So my car is still in the " un ready" stage so they wont let me pass.
Will I have to go back to stock tune just to pass???? If I do, I will lose the tune since I no longer have the hand held tuner as I sold it awhile ago so it is long gone. I hope there is another way around this as I would hate to take my 01 mustang to ford just so they can reflash back to stock tune. Please help!!
Phil

RE: CANT PASSS EMISSIONS WITH DIABLO TUBE??????

Post by Phil »

Do you have aftermaket exhaust on this vehicle with the rear o2's turned off with your tuner? If so yes you would have to install the stock tune back into the vehicle to get it to pass emissions. So... You have a tune on the vehicle and you SOLD your predator? Why would you do that? It would be no good to anybody else cause it would still be married to your car.
Phil Jones
Diablosport Inc.
Tech Support
561-908-0040
Please do not PM us for tech support, post up first!!!
saleen0101

Post by saleen0101 »

Well I have the cats removed and left the diablo tune alone , didnt tweek anything. I sold it just because and the guy who bought it knew this and just wanted it for diagnostics. So anyone with the diablo tune installed will not pass regardless?? I think my rear 02 are turned on.
mikel

Post by mikel »

If you have no rear O2 sensors, and no codes for them, they are turned off, and you cant pass like that.
If you turn them on, it will fail due to the lack of cats.

Your only option here is to put cats on the truck or work with a CMR dealer to try to get the tune to work for emissions.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
saleen0101

Post by saleen0101 »

I have the precats on the car, just not the main cats and I do have rear 02 sensors. I have no visual check and my car has no CEL lights. I have the obdII port test and not the sniffer since my car is newer than 96. The tune I have does not let the pcm record so I can complete the drive cycle. I beleve code p1000 for nonreadiness.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Right, if you turn the rear O2s on, you will get codes for P0420/P0430 due to catalyst inefficiency.

Those codes will make you fail as well, so you are in a tough spot.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
saleen0101

Post by saleen0101 »

yea but what is funny is the rear 02 are turned on and I have No codes. Maybe I need to drive the car for alittle longer you think?? Is the diablo tune not capable of passing Smog test?
Smallwk

Re: CANT PASSS EMISSIONS WITH DIABLO TUBE??????

Post by Smallwk »

I have the same problem with a 2007 SRT8 Dodge charger. uploaded the Diablo tune. Then the battery died I don't drive my SRT8 often. Smog tech said just drive it. However, after driving it its Still missing sensor measurements. BTW car is stock except Cold Air intake. Back revved the code to stock which was like neutering my car. Drove it 200 miles San Diego to Glendale, and it has the same exact issue Please help. Its always passed smog in the past until this code update.

Smallwk
mikel

Post by mikel »

best thing to do is stop flashing it and keep driving it. if it is stock and wont set the monitors, there is likely an issue somewhere on the vehicle itself.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Smallwk

Post by Smallwk »

Mike thank you for your feedback I'll drive it another hundred miles. I spoke to two different techs today and after several upgrades of my I2 it finally said no updates available.
I plugged it into my 2007 SRT8 which again only has 42K it has never not passed smog hell I don't drive it. My I2 under instruction from the Tech Support team recommend I send the calibration code. It updated successfully and support said it was at stock code levels. I ran my FIXID "Emissions Precheck" and first thing it reported is that it needs to be driven another 100 miles.

O2 heater failed Big (X), O2 sensor failed also (X), Catalytic failed (X) and one more but I can't remember what that is. It is a completely stock SRT8 I bought it brand new in 2007 with stock option money.

I know this is code related and not HW. I thought I read there is California compliant download from Diablo is that true? BTW the first support guy I spoke to said move out of California :) funny but this is my home.

With the Dataview software I can see each of those sensors running and see the analytics from those systems in real time. So I know they are working.

Is there not a procedure for clearing code, back rev or updating and passing smog from Diablo? Or is each vehicle different? Seems the same class of cars should be able to use the same sequence to support California cars and pass our Smog test. Maybe I'll write one if I get this figured out.

Kindest Regards,

Ken
mikel

Post by mikel »

there are documents on how to complete the drive cycles published by the manufacturers in most cases.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com