New process for tuning 2019+ models!

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

mikel

New process for tuning 2019+ models!

Post by mikel »

If you get a pcm from us that did not originally come with your vehicle, you'll need to do the following steps before the vehicle will run with the modified pcm:

2019 Dodge Cars Trinity 2 / I3
Security Bypass Install & PCM Swap Process
Installing an Unlocked PCM
Steps 1 & 2 Reading the factory PCM
1. Install the provided Security Bypass Cable or Module. Follow instructions in manual
2. With Factory PCM still installed, connect your Trinity 2/I3 to Vehicle.*
a. Agree to the disclaimer if it appears.
b. Select “Tuning/Tune Vehicle”
c. Turn the key on if requested, and press “Continue”
d. Screen will display:
i. “Please Wait…”
ii. “Getting Vehicle Information”
iii. “Factory data retrieved. Please install an Unlocked ECU or contact customer service. Please press continue to reboot”
Steps 3 – 5: Installing Unlocked PCM and Installing a Tune with the Trinity 2/I3
3. Turn Ignition Off. Disconnect Tuner. Disconnect Battery.
4. Remove Factory PCM (10mm) and Install Unlocked PCM. Connect Battery.
5. With Unlocked PCM installed, connect Trinity2 /I3 to Vehicle.
d. Select the desired performance level.
e. Press “Continue”
f. Tuner will read PCM and continue tuning your vehicle. You will need to follow device screen prompts from this point forward. (When prompted for Ignition ON, be sure double tap on push start and check to see “run” illuminated on push start itself)
On first power up with an Unlocked PCM, the cluster panel will illuminate the red security light and may warn about other module errors (Traction Control, ABS, etc.). This is not abnormal and part of the process.
When you begin to tune and are prompted to turn the “Ignition On”, the cluster panel should no longer have the red security light illuminated which signals that your JL has been programmed, and connected, to the Unlocked PCM.
After installing your tune, start the vehicle. Let the vehicle run for more than 3 seconds, and test throttle response. The vehicle shutting off after ~3 seconds, or having a dead pedal indicates that there was an issue reading stock data and/or writing stock data to unlocked PCM. If throttle response is good and vehicle stays running, please continue by shutting off engine, returning ignition to ON.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
tdjacw

Re: New process for tuning 2019 models!

Post by tdjacw »

Nice write up, if at some point it will just not work can you just simply install your original PCM?
Are there specific steps needed?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yes, original pcm can be reinstalled at any time.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
AngryB1320

Post by AngryB1320 »

I have the issue of the car shutting off right after starting it! What should I do now?
I did put the stock pcm back in but now I don't have my performance pages or drag mode anymore. Is there a way to get those back on my stock pcm?
mikel

Post by mikel »

those will come back.

Just follow the steps above to make it all work.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
shooterjgs

Re: New process for tuning 2019+ models!

Post by shooterjgs »

I purchased a unlocked PCM for a 2018 Challenger 3.6 but the instructions I received were these instructions for a 2019... Will this procedure also work on my 2018 PCM swap... I don't wanna brick my car...
James O

Post by James O »

mikel wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:11 am If you get a pcm from us that did not originally come with your vehicle, you'll need to do the following steps before the vehicle will run with the modified pcm:

2019 Dodge Cars Trinity 2 / I3
Security Bypass Install & PCM Swap Process
Installing an Unlocked PCM
Steps 1 & 2 Reading the factory PCM
1. Install the provided Security Bypass Cable or Module. Follow instructions in manual
2. With Factory PCM still installed, connect your Trinity 2/I3 to Vehicle.*
d. Screen will display:
i. “Please Wait…”
ii. “Getting Vehicle Information”
iii. “Factory data retrieved. Please install an Unlocked ECU or contact customer service. Please press continue to reboot”
Steps 3 – 5: Installing Unlocked PCM and Installing a Tune with the Trinity 2/I3
3. Turn Ignition Off. Disconnect Tuner. Disconnect Battery.
4. Remove Factory PCM (10mm) and Install Unlocked PCM. Connect Battery.
5. With Unlocked PCM installed, connect Trinity2 /I3 to Vehicle.
d. Select the desired performance level.
e. Press “Continue”
f. Tuner will read PCM and continue tuning your vehicle. You will need to follow device screen prompts from this point forward. (When prompted for Ignition ON, be sure double tap on push start and check to see “run” illuminated on push start itself)
On first power up with an Unlocked PCM, the cluster panel will illuminate the red security light and may warn about other module errors (Traction Control, ABS, etc.). This is not abnormal and part of the process.
When you begin to tune and are prompted to turn the “Ignition On”, the cluster panel should no longer have the red security light illuminated which signals that your JL has been programmed, and connected, to the Unlocked PCM.
After installing your tune, start the vehicle. Let the vehicle run for more than 3 seconds, and test throttle response. The vehicle shutting off after ~3 seconds, or having a dead pedal indicates that there was an issue reading stock data and/or writing stock data to unlocked PCM. If throttle response is good and vehicle stays running, please continue by shutting off engine, returning ignition to ON.
I am about to perform the PCM swap for my 2020 Redeye. I understand reading the PCM, removing and swapping PCM but do I have to make a tune selection? I just want to swap the PCM and leave the stock tune until I change pulley and injectors.
James O

Post by James O »

Well I found out it would not start without uploading something to the PCM so I just did the 93 for now to select something then I should be able to reload the stock tune from there after I play around with 93 tune.
I was looking for a way to restore factory tune option but missed it.