Lost i3 Tuner

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

deviatone

Lost i3 Tuner

Post by deviatone »

Hey folks,

A few weeks back I had my tuner on my desk, and it seems to have walked off :blowup: . Whether lost or tossed, I am most likely going to need to replace it.

I have a few things set on the truck currently, 91 tune, speedo fix, and firmer shifts.

What would I expect to happen when I get a replacement? I don't have the stock tune (it was saved on the i3) Am I stuck with having to get a replacement PCM/TCM as well or can a new i3 default or remove other settings? Or can I DL the stock tune somewhere if needed.

My new Monster trans has firmer shifting so the firmer shift tune is not necessary (in fact feels like a hammer in 2nd gear)

Appreciate any insight, and guidance.

-Deviat
mikel

Re: Lost i3 Tuner

Post by mikel »

What vehicle is this specifically?
No copy of the backup saved somewhere?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
deviatone

Post by deviatone »

Its a 2001 Suburban LS 1500.

No backup unfortunately. Made 2 changes and put it on my desk.
mikel

Post by mikel »

the early GM scan be tricky to get back to stock.
Better chance of doing it with a P2 than the i3 honestly, and even then it may require a dealer visit to get flashed back to stock.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
deviatone

Post by deviatone »

Thats what I was concerned with. Guess I'll try once more to rip apart the house, then if necessary bite the dust and get an appt at the Stealer.
buicksuper08

Post by buicksuper08 »

is that 2001 old enough to where he could get a ecu from a junk yard that wouldn't need the relearn pin from the dealer? I wasn't sure if finding a ecu from a junk yard would be cheaper than having the dealer reflash his. I know my GM dealer charges 250 for a ecu flash. I asked before I bought my i3 in case i messed something up lol.
just a newb here who's never tune a fuel injected car before. A relic from years long passed when tuning was done with a few turns of a carb screw and few inches on the distributor and smelling the exhaust and listening to valves tap under heavy load.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Most any pcm change here would require a reflash to get the VIN in there and make VATS work.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com