2004 Dodge Ram throwing codes
Moderator: sohfast94
-
Dtibbetts12
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:52 am
2004 Dodge Ram throwing codes
Bought a new t2 and now I’m having CEL light issues with any tune I use. CEL light is flashing on and off at random for codes P0585, P0593, and P0581 all cruise control codes (an option my truck doesn’t have) anyone have an idea how to go about correcting this?
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 2004 Dodge Ram throwing codes
This is not something I have ever seen before.
Did you adjust tire size or any other settings?
Do the issues go away when you go back to stock?
Thanks
Did you adjust tire size or any other settings?
Do the issues go away when you go back to stock?
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
Dtibbetts12
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:52 am
Re: 2004 Dodge Ram throwing codes
Stock tire size, no other changes to settings. I’ve tried the 87 time, MPG boost tune, and tow tune. I have not attempted to put it back to stock. I can try that tonight when I get home.
-
Dtibbetts12
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:52 am
Re: 2004 Dodge Ram throwing codes
Set the truck back to stock tonight and took it for a ride, it went back to normal. No CEL flash and it’s not setting any codes. I’m confused as to why the tune would pop a light for options the truck doesn’t have...
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 2004 Dodge Ram throwing codes
OK, give it a day or 2 stock and we'll make sire its ok, then load the tune again with no change.
If the issue comes back, please post the files from the tunes folder here so we can check it out.
If the issue comes back, please post the files from the tunes folder here so we can check it out.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
Dtibbetts12
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:52 am
Re: 2004 Dodge Ram throwing codes
pulled out my scan tool and scanned for codes while the truck was still stock, no codes after leaving the truck stock for a few days. put the truck back to 87 tune and scanned directly after and all 3 codes were back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 2004 Dodge Ram throwing codes
Just to confirm, when you load the tune are you adjusting the tire size by entering the stock value or not adjusting anything at all?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
Dtibbetts12
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:52 am
Re: 2004 Dodge Ram throwing codes
Loading tune as is, not making any adjustments
-
Dtibbetts12
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:52 am
Re: 2004 Dodge Ram throwing codes
Any update? Today is the last day of the return period. If there is no resolution I’m going to set the truck back to stock and buy from another company, no sense wasting $600 on something that doesn’t work correctly.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 2004 Dodge Ram throwing codes
I had a calibrator go through the tune as well and nothing stands out that could lead to these codes or issues.
I've never seen this on another 04 Ram at all.
I would understand if you choose to return, and I hope whatever you go with works out with no issues.
Thanks
I've never seen this on another 04 Ram at all.
I would understand if you choose to return, and I hope whatever you go with works out with no issues.
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]